OEM soft door handle position (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, so I've seen and had soft doors with outer handles pointing all different directions and I don't know which is correct. The last set I had the handles pointing to the rear but this time I put them facing the front because that's how hard doors are, but I'm just not sure what the real orientation should be. I did have a set long ago, that I thought had never been messed with, and they pointed down. Anyone know the correct way?

Seems that went forward, the same as hard door handles, according to the majority of the pictures I was able to find.

I agree forward like hard doors. Only reason I can think why some where going backwards is seen aftermarket top/doors pointed that way. @JohnnyC who has been here for over a year had a thread on factory literature which had pictures that included soft top models.

Top post in page four has a pretty good picture. Few other there as well. Will notice most soft tops have hard doors. US was one of a few to get soft doors. May have been to compete with jeep which didn't have a factory hard top until the CJ7.

20210817_175033.jpg

I need to tighten up the canvas on the blue one. I think the handles pointing forward is the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom