OEM Soft Door Battens - Repops Available (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In the process of trying to recover the soft doors I have. Tried as carefully as I could to remove the batten strips without breaking the tabs off but was mostly unsuccessful. It looks like when they were recovered in the past someone used copious amounts of glue to keep it all together. From what my searches have yielded it doesn't look like anyone is reproducing these. They are simple enough in shape/design so I took a shot at drawing it up in CAD...With the idea of trying to find a small scale fab shop that could make some up for me. Is there any interest in replacement battens? What are you guys doing for soft door restorations?
Soft Door Batten.JPG

I would be interested. I was lucky enough that when disassembling mine non broke BUT I'm sure they will when I attempt to fold them back down.

I just got around to contacting a few places for a quote on making these. I'll update this thread when I get an idea of the cost & timing.

I TIG welded new tabs on made from 20 ga sheet. It worked pretty well, but I had to grind off some of the welds where they were too fat.

They aren't making any new ones, so you have to go with what you have.

Restoring a set is on my list of things to do so put me down as interested.

Thanks,

Pete

Had 45 sets laser cut out of mild steel. Think they came out pretty well. I will be posting these on eBay over the weekend and will post the link here. They will come bare metal & flat, tabs are easy enough to form with a screwdriver.

IMG_2987.JPG

IMG_2988.JPG

IMG_2992.JPG

IMG_2994 crop.jpg

Price is $25/set plus shipping. They will be shipped in a mailing tube for safety. PM me your ZIP and I will get you a quote.

Me too- pm

Pete

@drock2
Dominic,
Got mine in the mail today, super fast shipping, thanks for doing this... Now to fit in the time to start the resto of the doors... still need to figure out vent window gasket replacement since mine are shot, as well as the weatherstrip retainer channel on the bottom of the doors. Put in line after I finish jump seat rehab... You know how it never ends.
Thanks again,
Will

@drock2
Dominic,
Got mine in the mail today, super fast shipping, thanks for doing this... Now to fit in the time to start the resto of the doors... still need to figure out vent window gasket replacement since mine are shot, as well as the weatherstrip retainer channel on the bottom of the doors. Put in line after I finish jump seat rehab... You know how it never ends.
Thanks again,
Will

Here's an option for the small windows. I have a set I purchased a few years ago waiting for install.

FJ40 Factory Soft-Top Parts

@S4Cruiser thanks for the link, wow they are proud of those gaskets and windows too... I will have to think about that option.
Thanks againfor the info,
Will

Thanks for responding. I will take 2 sets. Sounds like you only have 25 more sets or so to sell. Hopefull some folks on here can use them. Hate to see a guy make a needed part at a reasonable price and get stuck with alot of extras.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom