OEM Shocks with aftermarket torsion bars/springs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Following up on this, would it be a bad idea to run aftermarket springs in the rear and OEM torsion bars in the front? I have dobinsons UCA and they require a min 1.5-inch lift to get proper alignment. The only reason I'm asking is that I'm apprehensive about putting spacers in the rear with OEM springs. Again I'm running basically stock weight.
That is perfectly fine. You might end up having to re-clock the torsion bars to get the lift you want, but otherwise, it should work just fine. One thing that I noted when running cranked torsion bars paired with aftermarket rear springs, was that even though the ride was what I wanted with a lighter front end, the pairing of a lot of rear weight with not much front weight became pretty obvious when I was on the brakes hard. The nose tended to dive a good bit as the higher spring rate in the rear merrily shifted all of that weight forward onto the woefully unprepared factory t-bars. It wasn't obnoxious, but it was worth noting. Since you are going light front and rear, I wouldn't worry about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom