OEM shocks PNs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Could anybody (and Dan) please advise if the following PNs are correct for the stock shocks:

Front: 48511-60480 GJ1
Rear: 48531-60480 GI3

Thanks in advance!
Frank.

20+ views and no body knows (or yer' just lazy) ? or my question is just too obvious ?

Frank,

A quick search indicates Dan has never posted those particular numbers but I don't recall him posting OEM shock p/n's. Give him a call.

-B-

sjcruiser said:
Could anybody (and Dan) please advise if the following PNs are correct for the stock shocks:

Front: 48511-60480 GJ1
Rear: 48531-60480 GI3

Thanks in advance!
Frank.

These are not valid part numbers. If you got them off of the shocks they would not be. The numbers stamped on the shocks do not mean anything.

There are several different OEM 80 series shocks. What year are you interested in?

Thanks B!

Just called my local dealer, the numbers are different:

Front: 48511-69435
Rear: 48531-69486

Now it's obvious that the dealer (where I bought my LX from) lied when they claimed that mine already had LC shocks on it (when brought it in complaining about the side by side lurching).

If I had known this fact, I did not have to get the OME ones (at least not yet) right away per cost saving *DOHH* since I have the low lift springs.

just ranting,
Frank.

Dan,

I'm interested in the ones for a '97 LC.

You and I cross-posted.

I have a 48511-69435 in stock and the number stamped on the shock body is 48511-60480

I do not have a 48531-69486 to look at right at the moment.

According to the catalog the 48531-69486 carries a "MARK" of 48531-60480

So is seems that you do indeed have Cruiser shocks.

Dan,

Yes, my numbers are readings from the shocks' bodies. From your earlier post, I take that these number are the same; but might have different valvings/pressures ?

D*mn, I'm slower again *slap*

Thanks Dan for clarifying that out!

Frank.

Bear80 said:
Oh and the numbers you got don't come up in the epc, so I don't know where you came up with them.

Bear80,

If you are using the Yankee Toy EPC, those are european part numbers and won't work in the US.

Do you have a US EPC?

-B-

Frank -

Are you looking to replace your OMEs with OEM shocks? I'd be interested in a post, if so, on the difference in handling.

:cheers:

Mike

Syrinxstar,

I haven't ruled out possible higher lift so I'll keep the OMEs on. I'm looking into replacing those polyurethane bushings with stock rubber bushings though. Inspected the old bushings last weekend, looks like I'm going to need four lower of the upper shock bushings as the original ones are already bad (permanently budged).

Frank.

syrinxstar said:
Frank -

Are you looking to replace your OMEs with OEM shocks? I'd be interested in a post, if so, on the difference in handling.

:cheers:

Mike

Frank,

PM me if you need some stock Toytoa shock bushings. I've got way more spares than I will ever need.

-B-

You've got mail!

Beowulf said:
Frank,

PM me if you need some stock Toytoa shock bushings. I've got way more spares than I will ever need.

-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom