OEM shocks parts numbers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m trying to buy new OEM Toyota shocks for my 91 FJ80 but I can’t wrap my head around the part numbers. My dealership parts guy gave me the same number that I found myself for the front shocks (48511-69207) but he said that the rears were 48531-69286 whereas I found 48531-69417. The rear shock part number that I found is presented in the same way as the front shocks on the website but the rear shocks part number he gave me looked different. You can see the difference in “presentation” in my screenshots below, there’s also a version of the different presentation for the front shocks which also have a different number. His also says it’s for the right rear instead of mine which says “(Left, Right, Rear)” but i would think they’re the same on either side. Lots of confusion. If someone smarter than me and the dealer parts guy can enlighten me, i’d appreciate it, as my new Dobinsons springs just showed up in the mail and i’m antsy.

14AC44D9-B213-4AEC-A963-F66126D2D033.png

900E3247-6471-49C9-B4A4-79E5BC567B05.png

Edit: the rear shock number I found says it fits 1991-92, 95-97 whereas parts guy’s fits only 91-92. Dont know if this is important or not.

Last edited:
Your parts guy doesn’t know what he’s doing. Stop listening to him.

The correct part numbers for all 80 series trucks globally that DO NOT have a hydraulically modified lift suspension are:

Fronts: 48511-69435 x2
Rears: 48531-69417 x2

These do not come with the retaining washers… nor do the rears come with lower retaining bolts or upper bracket retaining bolts.

If you life in a s*** box rusty area I recommend getting all new retaining washers as well as all applicable hardware.

Your parts guy doesn’t know what he’s doing. Stop listening to him.

The correct part numbers for all 80 series trucks globally that DO NOT have a hydraulically modified lift suspension are:

Fronts: 48511-69435 x2
Rears: 48531-69417 x2

These do not come with the retaining washers… nor do the rears come with lower retaining bolts or upper bracket retaining bolts.

If you life in a s*** box rusty area I recommend getting all new retaining washers as well as all applicable hardware.
He seems to be more of a looker-upper than a proper parts guy. All my hardware looks good as my cruiser is completely rust free so i’ll take my chances. Thanks for all the info!

Hi, piggybacking on this, what would be the difference between the shocks above for the toyota v. a 96 LX450? Are the lexus ones just "softer"? What would give me better road handling on the highway?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom