oem shock and ome spring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK don't beat me up,
its not from a lack of looking, I am going to order OME springs front and rear, (861-862) from the suspension refresh kit, have not picked a vendor yet. and the steering damper. I am going with Tokico OEM shocks all around,
I am sure it is okay, But? the local toyota parts is struggling with part numbers, and because it is a diesel, are the shocks different?
any help would be appreciated.
thank you in advance, I will go get some Band-Aids to cover the marks LOL.
thank you.
oh 1993 hdj81,

Okay i called cruiser outfitters yesterday (emailed) inquiring about the OME 861/821 stock height coils, for the hdj81 with a diesel, there is still some uncetainty at there end, and mine of course concerning the diesel. I am also going with toyota oem shocks,
has anybody used this setup on there 80 with a diesel? and how did it work, I am not adding winch,bumpers, and stuff, it will be a back up rural postal carrier vehicle to the jeep for the wife. loads will be light and no towing.
I did some digging around and found a referance to oem shock pn- f-48511-96435/ r-48531-69417,
cruiser outfitter said they would do some loooking into it before i ordered them today or tomorrow, and i will inquire again here also.
thanks again, just don't want to do it twice$$$

Do you have access to a scale to weigh the front and rear of the vehicle? Might be useful for comparing with a gas option with/without front end accessories.

Do you have access to a scale to weigh the front and rear of the vehicle? Might be useful for comparing with a gas option with/without front end accessories.
well yes i do, sort of. we use a truck scale at work, unfortunaly i just had shoulder sugery and can not drive, but you can bet as soon as i can i will. i can post it after that, might be a couple of weeks, if the wife gets a day off we can do it then,
damn good idea.

The spring should work great if you’re not adding lots of additional weight. We have to remember that OME is an Australian company, where they primarily wheel the diesel versions of everything
thank you,
yup that is my gut feeling, aussie built for aussie needs.
one tough truck!
..where we're going we don't need roads..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom