OEM rear AHC coil springs LC/LX - are these the right parts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks,

As part of my AHC system refresh, I decided to order two new coil springs for my LX.

I ordered two different parts for the right rear and left rear:

48231-6A770​
Coil Spring (Right, Rear)​
$108.07​
1​
$108.07​
48231-6A780​
Coil Spring (Left, Rear)​
$116.36​
1​
$116.36​

Firstly, I initially ordered these at McGeorge Toyota because these on first blush seemed to be the same part as for the LX. But after searching it seems there are also these part numbers:

48231-6A740 (Rear Left)
48231-6A730 (Rear Right)

But the above Toyota part numbers also show as fitting the LX470 on the Lexus parts site... Is there actually any material difference between them?

Secondly, the parts that arrived look very similar despite being labeled with different part numbers on the stickers.... Are these for the same side or does it even matter? They seem to be wound in exactly the same direction. Photo attached below!

Thanks in advance for the advice!

PXL_20230303_024908482.jpg

PXL_20230303_024917969.jpg

PXL_20230303_024915583.jpg

Last edited:
I know this isn't what you're asking, but do you carry any extra weight over stock?

A lot of guys opt for the aftermarket King KTRS-79 when they refresh their AHC system instead of getting new OEM springs. I did on my old LX.

It's somewhere in between the spring rate of a OEM LX spring and an OEM LC spring.

I know this isn't what you're asking, but do you carry any extra weight over stock?

A lot of guys opt for the aftermarket King KTRS-79 when they refresh their AHC system instead of getting new OEM springs. I did on my old LX.

It's somewhere in between the spring rate of a OEM LX spring and an OEM LC spring.
Good question but no, I'm not really planning to build out the rig - mainly just return it to tip top stock condition and get the ride quality like new. The OEM LC spring you mention, is that the LC OEM AHC spring? I'm wondering whether there is a difference between the LX and LC AHC springs.. Those Lexus spring part numbers are showing as discontinued on McGeorge's site.

The coils you ordered from McGeorge for a 06/07 LC w/AHC, which have a little higher spring rate (better for lower pressures) than the LX spring rate. When I replaced my oem LX coils with 06/07 LC AHC coils, I still needed a 30mm spacer to get me in spec (stock height, with 3rd row seats, full tank of gas and some tools in the back). Like @riffman12 said, last year after about 14k miles I replaced those springs with the King springs (because I was going to install an aftermarket rear bumper). I actually ran the King springs before my rear bumper for about 6 months (I think my pressure was 5.2 after the Kings) and it drove fine.

Good question but no, I'm not really planning to build out the rig - mainly just return it to tip top stock condition and get the ride quality like new. The OEM LC spring you mention, is that the LC OEM AHC spring? I'm wondering whether there is a difference between the LX and LC AHC springs.. Those Lexus spring part numbers are showing as discontinued on McGeorge's site.

oh no I just meant the OEM non-AHC spring from a Land Cruiser

I always forget there were Toyotas with AHC

That matches my order during the sale last year:
P/N​
Quantity​
Price Each​
Description​
482316A770​
$ 81.55​
Coil Spring (Right, Rear)
482316A780​
$ 87.82​
Coil Spring (Left, Rear)

My thought was slightly taller but thinner spring was going to be equivalent to the shorter and a bit thicker original. If it's a little heavier spring rate I can't tell. My pressures were pretty good after the swap too. Between replacing the globes and rear springs my suspension is in a better place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom