oem powersteering column question about length (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hello
i've bought an oem bj42 powersteering set. The seller gave me all the parts accept for the steering column because we didn't know it was different. Than after some reeding about the install i noticed i would need the ps column shaft. The seller send it to me but it got lost in the mail :mad:. How much would we need to cut make an orginal one shorter exactly? Or can we buy one somewhere for a reasonable price. Non ps shafts are plenty over here.

I think I bought mine from cruiserparts.net for about 150 USD. I was concerned about cutting and welding the shaft. I got mixed messages on doing this.

I cant seem to find what i need so i probably will be cutting and welding. Can somebody tell me how much shorter it needs to be? Because i want to have this done by a pro from a spare column.

Shaft Length

185 mm (7.3") is the length with the rag joint end standing up on the table to the top of the shaft - this for a late model FJ40 p/s setup.
cheers

Last edited:
thanks a lot!

There doesn't appear to be any welding involved if you're going from manual to power, just shortening the manual stub shaft. But how to do you get the stub shaft out of the coupler? I posted the same Q over in the "steering shafts revisited" thread which has pics ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom