OEM parts from different countries (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is probably a "your guess is as good as mine" post, but sometimes when I am ordering parts I am given options for the parts to come out of the UAE, Japan, Central America, etc. And then the other day I read a post from two fairly well versed toyotaholics that the same part, same part number, but one received a part that had a red coating and the other received a part that had a blue coating. So as I was unpacking the same part today mine had a red coating so it made me wonder are parts made destined for different parts of the world, different even if the have the same part number?

Last edited:
Yes.

Post-up the example of your PN, Ryan.
Haha your ears must have been burning. I just ordered new front suspension bolts, they came from the UAE and had the red grease on them, not the plating like the ones I ordered a few years ago from Japan. I can dig them out, but they look exactly like the ones you posted recently.

Screen Shot 2021-08-27 at 1.54.21 AM.png

I ordered the same bolts, Cruiser Addiction, and they had no grease in them, just the blackish oxide plating like the OEM ones that were removed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom