OEM or Aftermarket? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys so my lower control arms on my LX470 finally decided to go bad. I want to go OEM however they are super expensive so I was wondering if any aftermarket brands like MOOG would be a decent alternative. Thanks in advance.

What do you mean “go bad”? They’re a hunk of steel. If you’re talking about the fronts, just get new Toyota bushings and Sankei 555 lower ball joints from @cruiseroutfit to refurb the arms.

Hey guys so my lower control arms on my LX470 finally decided to go bad. I want to go OEM however they are super expensive so I was wondering if any aftermarket brands like MOOG would be a decent alternative. Thanks in advance.

What do you mean “go bad”? They’re a hunk of steel. If you’re talking about the fronts, just get new Toyota bushings and Sankei 555 lower ball joints from @cruiseroutfit to refurb the arms.
Can you hook me up with a link?

Going through this myself. @ClassyJalopy recommended Partsouq.com for OEM parts very reasonable. My local Toyota dealer quoted me just over $400 for the lower arm assembly - Partsouq had the OEM assembly for $274 IIRC. In my situation that may be the best solution, just remove the original and install the replacement. Good luck on your project

This

Also, the AC Delco bushings from Rock Auto are stamped Japan.

There are a few videos on YT on replacing the lower ball joints if that is what went bad. Outside of that I would not see there being much of a chance of the whole thing going bad like the other said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom