OEM Lumbar Switch not Working (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve searched the forum quite a bit and can’t locate the answer I’m looking for. My lumbar switch hasn’t worked since I purchased my 80 and I’m trying figure out why.

See the pictures below - the switch just sort of rocks back and forth with no resistance to pressure. Am I missing a piece behind my switch to activate the electrical connections?

5A6021A4-CCBD-45F6-AF46-66D520CD0B80.jpeg
07EC7FAC-4979-42B9-8262-E9A18712E43B.jpeg

CA768F84-06EC-43FE-93C5-80686CD766D8.jpeg

There should be a couple copper pieces in there for making electrical connection.

There should be a couple copper pieces in there for making electrical connection.

Awesome, thank you for the help. Any idea where I could pick up a couple of those? Are they used in any other switches commonly?

Awesome, thank you for the help. Any idea where I could pick up a couple of those? Are they used in any other switches commonly?
I think you'll have to look in the used market and probably end up buying a whole switch setup. If you have a junkyard close by probably any Toyota with power seats will have a similar setup.

I think you'll have to look in the used market and probably end up buying a whole switch setup. If you have a junkyard close by probably any Toyota with power seats will have a similar setup.
Sounds good, I’ll try the junkyard. Thanks again.

Maybe check behind the leather under the switch or on the floor (if it fell out).

Maybe check behind the leather under the switch or on the floor (if it fell out).
That’s a good thought, I’ll check inside the leather. They were recovered by the PO, so I’m sure that when it was lost/dropped out.

I tore my switch down and cleaned it a while back. Some pics in the thread that may be helpful to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom