OEM locking hubs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Malleus

Far west of Siegen
Threads
My 1976 and 1980 FJ40 didn't have them. Were were they available from the dealer as OEM/port installed options?

there were no oem in 76...they all showed up with drive plates....warn hubs were a common shore install, but i dont know if they were exclusively used.....irrc oem showed up in '81.

Back in the day Toyota offered dealer-installed or over-the-counter accessory hubs, made by Warn, with a Toyota part number on the box.

They also had 8274 winches and Warn bumpers with Toyota numbers on the boxes.

I think that early 55s came with ASCO hubs from the factory.

1976-78 did, those are the long body hubs for the long birfs

So this is the hub I would need for my 5/78 if I were to replace

So this is the hub I would need for my 5/78 if I were to replace

Only if it has 1/79-up Birfields.

Warn was Toyota's first US supplier starting in 1961

Back in the day Toyota offered dealer-installed or over-the-counter accessory hubs, made by Warn, with a Toyota part number on the box.

same goes for Kayline ..... for replacement tops... starting in 72/73' PN#00021-14260

The original owner of my 70 FJ40 bother was a "Toyota dealer" in the early to mid sixties in Safford AZ. That was until the Big Three went to the local bank and said they would no longer do business with that bank if they continued to finance Toyotas. So that dealership closed. The 70 owner had a number of mid sixties parts literature from brother's dealership. Not sure if they had Toyota numbers but had listings with prices for Husky hubs, Eaton heaters, and Ramsey PTO winches. Not around the literature but remember a non OEM soft top and doors being offered as well. May have been a Husky top, just remember it wasn't Kayline which came later and made for OEM bows. The early non OEM soft top had their own bows. It also has the conversion for pre 10 digit part numbers to new ten digit part numbers and vise vera. Obviously just a novelty but cool to look at.

Part number conversion fiche

20221109_121930.jpg

love to read all those lol

in order to fill in some blanks: :)

When I bought my 78 FJ40 the dealership in Cheyenne, Wyoming installed Warn hubs, but didn't do a good job on the passenger side and water got in and rusted the small springs. I ended up replacing them years later with a new set of Warn hubs.

The first 1978 FJ40 I looked at in Casper, WY was fitted Selectro hubs.

You should see my fiche stash. :grinpimp:

Gotta sweet 2-panel viewer as well... :bounce:

When I bought my 78 FJ40 the dealership in Cheyenne, Wyoming installed Warn hubs, but didn't do a good job on the passenger side and water got in and rusted the small springs. I ended up replacing them years later with a new set of Warn hubs.

The first 1978 FJ40 I looked at in Casper, WY was fitted Selectro hubs.
My '75 FST had Selectros when I bought it and would still have them if my disc brake conversion didn't require new ones. Underrated hubs. You can work them wearing clumsy gloves--a fistful of switch rather than a pinch, like the Warns and Aisins. And so guapo.

My '75 FST had Selectros when I bought it and would still have them if my disc brake conversion didn't require new ones. Underrated hubs. You can work them wearing clumsy gloves--a fistful of switch rather than a pinch, like the Warns and Aisins. And so guapo.
When I was a kid, my Dad had a 1/2 ton IH had Selectro hubs.

Gotta sweet 2-panel viewer as well... :bounce:

Don't have a two panel reader but I do have two readers. Both ex government readers. Microfiche is worthless with outone. Have an old simple bar I plan to put in the corner of my second garage when it gets cleaned out and finished off on the inside. Figure would be a good place to set a reader. Then put my 27" CRT tv behind it. When I'm not using the reader I can play Nintendo Duck Hunt on the TV. Did you catch my user name?

I just assumed your username meant you're a Jethro Tull fan :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom