OEM Locker Wiring Harness Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah ok cool, that makes sense thanks

Images of the controller I built. It fits in the OEM FJ40 emissions control case. Schematics in pdf form at the bottom. Not as nice looking as others but is what I wanted and was cheap. Parts from Digikey.

DSC_2449.JPG
DSC_2451.JPG
DSC_2452.JPG

Attachments

• FJ40 - HJ60 Wiring Diagram CURRENT-SHT (6).pdf
    75 KB · Views: 95
  • Elocker Controller PCB Layout-Model.pdf
    38.8 KB · Views: 67
If I get 97 LX factory lockers for my non-locked 97 LX... is it better to get the whole axles or can you get certain parts to make a simpler switch? Same question for harness... where can I find info of what actually is needed for the retrofit between two 97 LX 450?

97 should have it

I see an open connector under hood, and the big one in back bumper has one big connection that looks like it would switch out, but seems like there is one missing... where can I confirm wiring harness differences? Also, I am assuming you have to get the whole axle, am I right?

It might be quicker to swap the whole axle if you can get it and it's in decent shape. I just picked one up to swap into my 60. I'll look at it tomorrow but I believe the housing is independent of the locker unlike 3rd gen 4runners where the locker partially bolts into the housing. That means you should be able to pull the third and swap that. But I'm no expert.

My question is if the locker plugs are the same as for a 3rd gen 4runner. I see reference to a high or low pinion diff using different plugs.

90C5FFD5-DB80-44D5-9597-168D2C38876A.jpeg

Wiring in Harrops and trying to use the factory switch on my lx450. Found the dash switch pigtail no problem.

I can’t find extra pigtail floating around in here for the locker ecu. Is that what the transmission relay is plugged in to? The image from the OP shows a nice gray plug that looks like what is plugged in to the silver ABS box but I’m assuming that’s not it...

The little cubby hole thing doesn’t have any loose plugs inside it that.

Thanks in advance!

How can I find out if my NON Locker 1996 has internal wiring for ECU/4x4 control box and switch?
I acquired complete locking axles from a 1997 and I'm wondering what wiring harness portions I'll need.
I know I'll need the switch and ECU but don't know if they will plug in to existing harness.
I have also read that the dash lights are present, they just need bulbs, can anyone confirm this info??

I'm considering going with the harness from low range off road rather than trying to get the factory harness from cruiserparts, they say they have complete harnesses removed from salvage vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom