OEM Land Cruiser suspension & Heritage Land Cruiser suspension differences? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Upper shock cushion part number: 90948-01064
Very top cushion washer: 90948-02173
Washer under cushion: 90948-02184

Note that this last part number has a larger hole in the bottom that makes room for the raised lip on the washer currently at the top of your shocks.

Front springs do have different part numbers, but I don't have a way to figure out which color dot goes where. Maybe a question for someone with a HE still on stock suspension. The shocks use the same part number so that won't help you figure out right/left.

If you could, post the part number for the front shocks? I'm curious which one of the five or six shock configs in the parts diagram the HE uses.

Upper shock cushion part number: 90948-01064
Very top cushion washer: 90948-02173
Washer under cushion: 90948-02184

Note that this last part number has a larger hole in the bottom that makes room for the raised lip on the washer currently at the top of your shocks.

Front springs do have different part numbers, but I don't have a way to figure out which color dot goes where. Maybe a question for someone with a HE still on stock suspension. The shocks use the same part number so that won't help you figure out right/left.

If you could, post the part number for the front shocks? I'm curious which one of the five or six shock configs in the parts diagram the HE uses.
Thanks for those part numbers bloc. I actually ended up just getting the stock rear springs over the heritage springs. I wish the springs had tags on them with the part numbers like what OME does vs. the painted dots. Ill shoot the guy I bought them from a text and ask him if he knows what year L.C. these stock rears springs came off of. Front shock wise, I'll post the part number for the front shocks when I get home from work Sunday. This morning while on break, I decided to see how much it would cost to get all these parts off of Toyotapartsdeal.com...and this is what it would have cost🙄

Screenshot_20220513-104139_Chrome Beta.jpg

Screenshot_20220513-104218_Chrome Beta.jpg

Screenshot_20220513-104123_Chrome Beta.jpg

Longer rear spring goes on the gas tank (passenger) side in the US. Fronts don't have any difference side to side. You can reuse bump stops, etc. Hardware is cheap.
Question for you CharlieS. You mentioned awhile back in one of my previous posts. Using a small scissor jack between the rear diff and frame to remove the rear springs. Do you think with the KDSS valves open, and the shocks removed. I would be able to pull off using a floor jack and lifting one side of the diff like what you see in the pictures in order to get the springs removed? Or will it not work, since the sway bar will still be connected?

20210122_111541.jpg

20210122_111534.jpg

Sorry, not sure. I lift the vehicle from the frame. The us driver side spring almost falls out on its own. It is the passenger side that I use the scissor jack trick on. I can't visualize how the floor jack would work in that scenario.

Update: Not sure if the drivers side comes out so easy because my Kings have more droop?

Here ya go bloc,
From the part number that is on the shock, they are off of a 2016-2018 Land Cruiser. Hopefully they will fit my 2011. When I typed the number in on Toyotapartsdeal.com, it said this part wasn't a match for the year of my vehicle.

20220515_074858.jpg

It will fit.

It will fit.
Does anybody have the actual part number for the rear coil springs that fit the LC200 HE? I am thinking in buying those and swapping with my base model 2018 to regain a bit of rake. I actually like the rake and after installing the front OEM coil over spacers lost all of it. Tks in advance.

Does anybody have the actual part number for the rear coil springs that fit the LC200 HE? I am thinking in buying those and swapping with my base model 2018 to regain a bit of rake. I actually like the rake and after installing the front OEM coil over spacers lost all of it. Tks in advance.
Still have your third row? If so I don't think you'd want to go that route. The rake actually seems to be from the lack of rear seats, plus the HE springs appear to be a lower spring rate than Base, and even the base isn't great once you add some load to the rear of the vehicle. Not hard at all to have contact with the overload bumpers on stock springs.

All of that said, in the parts system I don't seen an explicit reference to Heritage Edition for a 2020. There is an "urban style/TRD package 20-in" option, but that was available in 2019 as well, and most likely is shorter based on the description, though that's sheer speculation... I can't find any info on such a package on google.

Personally if I were you I'd be looking for OME 2720s or maybe 21s.

Still have your third row? If so I don't think you'd want to go that route. The rake actually seems to be from the lack of rear seats, plus the HE springs appear to be a lower spring rate than Base, and even the base isn't great once you add some load to the rear of the vehicle. Not hard at all to have contact with the overload bumpers on stock springs.

All of that said, in the parts system I don't seen an explicit reference to Heritage Edition for a 2020. There is an "urban style/TRD package 20-in" option, but that was available in 2019 as well, and most likely is shorter based on the description, though that's sheer speculation... I can't find any info on such a package on google.

Personally if I were you I'd be looking for OME 2720s or maybe 21s.
That would be my next question. Yes, I still have my third row. However I do not think the HE is higher on the back just due to the absence of the 3rd row. I am thinking this because of the picture below showing the HE spring taller than the base (I might be confused though). If I am mistaken, would removing my third row solve my problem and restore the rake?

1655417125535.png

That would be my next question. Yes, I still have my third row. However I do not think the HE is higher on the back just due to the absence of the 3rd row. I am thinking this because of the picture below showing the HE spring taller than the base (I might be confused though). If I am mistaken, would removing my third row solve my problem and restore the rake?

View attachment 3035948
I took that picture. The wire on the taller spring is thinner, which means the spring will be a lower rate. Basically, not as stiff. Without knowing the exact spring rate (we don’t), it is difficult to tell exactly what the installed length will be with a given weight on it..

Since the early HE doesn’t have a third row and isn’t expected to carry an extra few hundred pounds of people back there on top of the weight of the seats, it makes sense toyota would spec a lower rate (softer) spring.

To bolster the point about wire diameter and spring rate making appearances deceiving, you could have two springs with the same length, same wire diameter, but if one had more wraps than the other, it would be softer. A good analogy is the spring is just a long bar of steel.. the longer it is, the easier it is to bend. More wraps just means a longer continuous bar of spring steel.

I took that picture. The wire on the taller spring is thinner, which means the spring will be a lower rate. Basically, not as stiff. Without knowing the exact spring rate (we don’t), it is difficult to tell exactly what the installed length will be with a given weight on it..

Since the early HE doesn’t have a third row and isn’t expected to carry an extra few hundred pounds of people back there on top of the weight of the seats, it makes sense toyota would spec a lower rate (softer) spring.

To bolster the point about wire diameter and spring rate making appearances deceiving, you could have two springs with the same length, same wire diameter, but if one had more wraps than the other, it would be softer. A good analogy is the spring is just a long bar of steel.. the longer it is, the easier it is to bend. More wraps just means a longer continuous bar of spring steel.
Ah, thanks for educating me on that. It makes sense. Do you think then simply removing my third would solve my rake issue and I would have it back?

What is the difference between the OME 2720 and 2721? Is it the same thickness x rate explanation?

Ah, thanks for educating me on that. It makes sense. Do you think then simply removing my third would solve my rake issue and I would have it back?

What is the difference between the OME 2720 and 2721? Is it the same thickness x rate explanation?
I can’t remember how much height I got from the seat removal but it won’t hurt if you don’t need them. Adds a ton of cargo space too.

2720 and 2721 are both the exact same rate, it’s just the 21 is 20mm taller, on paper. Some people find it is actually more than 20mm once installed.. Either way they are great springs for near stock height and weight rigs. A bit higher initial rate than stock so they handle loads better, and are progressive rate too which helps even more. All of this adds up to something that adds a bit of height and load carrying ability without turning the back of the rig into a 1-ton pickup.

You’d need to do some digging but there are a ton of posts detailing people’s hub to fender lip measurements before and after different mods and springs. I’d search the terms 2720 and 2721 and see what you can find.

I have a base 2019 and I’m looking to put HE rear springs as they are about 2” taller than my base with IMS Dobinson’s 1.4” coilovers on front to give me a slight all around lift while trying to maintain as much ride quality as possible. Based on what I’ve found out the HE edition comes with different springs based on 2 row or 3 row. I have both sets here for comparison see pics below. Set on left is from a 2020 2 row heritage measuring ~18-3/4” and 17-7/8” respectively. The set on right are from 3 row 2021 heritage which look to be are same as base model springs With same coloring measuring ~17-7/8” and ~16-3/4” respectively. As @bloc mentioned I also have no idea rate but they appear with naked eye to be similar in thickness.

C3160CB4-70A7-4C28-9264-6AD57A0A484E.jpeg

59CA5992-2810-495B-85D1-E09F503DC102.jpeg

72DAD9A8-DDDA-4FA0-868E-7B5BDF2CE9DA.jpeg

A6BB2F54-EE02-4CA9-8C48-BACBF81C034C.jpeg

D74CCA7F-15B0-4882-9D5E-C22397AED2CC.jpeg

I have a base 2019 and I’m looking to put HE rear springs as they are about 2” taller than my base with IMS Dobinson’s 1.4” coilovers on front to give me a slight all around lift while trying to maintain as much ride quality as possible. Based on what I’ve found out the HE edition comes with different springs based on 2 row or 3 row. I have both sets here for comparison see pics below. Set on left is from a 2020 2 row heritage measuring ~18-3/4” and 17-7/8” respectively. The set on right are from 3 row 2021 heritage which look to be are same as base model springs With same coloring measuring ~17-7/8” and ~16-3/4” respectively. As @bloc mentioned I also have no idea rate but they appear with naked eye to be similar in thickness.

View attachment 3036614

View attachment 3036621

View attachment 3036622

View attachment 3036623

View attachment 3036624
I can’t speak for 3-row HE parts but I’ve personally measured 2020 2-row springs with a vernier caliper and they were 1.2mm thinner wire than a 2013 base spring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom