OEM Jack for Daily Service? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The jack would probably appreciate a little oil.......
The telescoping sections are greased, the clicking is coming from inside. I'll look it over but is there an oiling hole anywhere?

The telescoping sections are greased, the clicking is coming from inside. I'll look it over but is there an oiling hole anywhere?
Not specifically I don't think. I'm one to just slobber oil on everything then run it up and down holding it at weird angles to hopefully get oil to the gears and threads inside.

Found a 1/2" 8 point socket in my toolbox. Coupled my Dewalt brushless impact with the jack handle and that jack just flies now. Maxed put the lift in a few seconds and lifted the wife's car at the receiver with zero effort..

Wish I found that socket last week.

I don't remember mine ever making a click, typically smooth as butter motion. :hmm:

That janky screw together handle was designed by Satan himself
Now, now, that screw together handle wasn't designed by Satan, it was designed by a highly paid automotive engineer who never once had to actually use it. Truth be told It was probably designed by the same engineer who though it was a good idea to put that inaccessible bolt on the back of the block that holds that metal tube in place that feeds coolant the PHH.:bang:

Last edited:
I don't remember mine ever making a click, typically smooth as butter motion. :hmm:
Might have just been the janky handle assembly and how it fit. Using the drill it went up and down with a load without issue. :D

Might have just been the janky handle assembly and how it fit. Using the drill it went up and down with a load without issue. :D
I do remember at some point in time I twisted one the square part extensions. Don't recall what I was doing and didnt regard the actual jack. Want to say it was remove the seized spare tire carrier. Anyway the 3 piece extension set up alway felt a little janky as you put.

Yeah, I'd like to just get a piece of stock and bend it up then stow it under the 2nd row rather than fighting that dang pouch kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom