OEM Hole ID help (possible FST) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drake2

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi all, I was wondering if these 2 holes are on all FJ40 tubs and what the intended use would have been for them. The bolts are non-OEM of course but the holes are the OEM threaded holes. I have 2 tubs here that both have these holes. Would these be for the FST brackets? Also, was it only FST models that had the footman loops on the barn doors? Neither tub I have here has footman loops on the outside of the tub (could be covered with bondo or have been removed). Just trying to ID these tubs as FST or not. Forgot to mention this is a 10/66 tub.
Thanks
Inked1601929511858_LI.jpg

Last edited:
Those would be on all models FST and FHT from mid sixties to mid seventies. Pretty sure my 10/75 has them. Guessing because it had four bolts on the wheel well this is a mid to late sixties FJ40. Also used two bolts at each location falls in the same year range. Can tell it had barn doors so would be a FHT. Only seen early sixties FJ40 FST with barn doors in the US. The rest have tailgates. Threaded holes on the dash for the eyebolts is best way to ID FST in the US.

Do find the rubber plug on the back of the wheel well interesting. Never noticed if my 9/67 has it. Because the license plate light in the barn door plus the reverse light that started 9/67 was in the opposite side of the tub than the spare tire carrier and clearance lights didn't start until 10/69 they would be no need to run a wire there. Guess if the jack handles were on the right side on both RHD and LHD models that hole with the plug would standardize one single wheel well.

Last edited:
Those would be on all models FST and FHT from mid sixties to mid seventies. Pretty sure my 10/75 has them. Guessing because it had four bolts on the wheel well this is a mid to late sixties FJ40. Also used two bolts at each location falls in the same year range. Can tell it had barn doors so would be a FHT. Only seen early sixties FJ40 FST with barn doors in the US. The rest have tailgates. Threaded holes on the dash for the eyebolts is best way to ID FST in the US
Thanks for the input....it is a 10/66 tub.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom