OEM Grille thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Copenhagen1

1000+ Club
SILVER Star
Threads
I searched around but did not find what I was looking for. I like the grille that is in my 2001 LC but am wondering if it is the factory grille or if it has been changed. That led me to thinking that there ought to be a thread with pictures of the different OEM configurations of the 100 series. I am going to post a pic of mine. I think it is factory for a 2001 LC but yall may tell me different.

grille.JPG

If yours looks the same, post what year your truck is.

If yours doesn't look the same, then post a pic with your year and model info.

If you can point me to a page that already contains this info then post a link. Thanks.
grille.JPG

Here is mine before modifications....and afterward. my vehicle is a 2000 but think it is a 2003-2005 grille when they went chrome that previous owner installed when he changed all the trim from gold to chrome as well..

I would not mind going back to the black grille if someone nearby wanted to trade their black one for my chrome.
16102180774.280164128.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.565x377.jpg
BumpItOffroad Front Bumper 012.jpg

Last edited:
2000 Land Cruiser (same as the 2001 above):

pic5.jpg

Painted Black to Match the Truck:

blacked-out-2.jpg

2000-UZJ100-09.JPG

2007 Land Cruiser:

2007-UZJ100-016.JPG

2007-UZJ100-011.JPG

2000 Land Cruiser (same as the 2001 above):

pic5.jpg

Painted Black to Match the Truck:

blacked-out-2.jpg

2000-UZJ100-09.JPG

2007 Land Cruiser:

2007-UZJ100-016.JPG

2007-UZJ100-011.JPG

It looks like the 2001 had its gray bumper and body cladding painted black to match the rest of the car. Can you post more pics? I'm kind of curious to see how it looks and if it's something I might want to do. Thanks in advance!

Nice HID's! Love the look of the headlights and fog lamps with matching temp K shades of light. I have the same setup on mine :cheers:

Thanks. :)

For some reason in the picture they look way more blue that they actually are, must be a camera setting.

They are 6000K, when looking at them they look white with just a hint of blue. When viewing the light on the road while driving, it looks bright white to me.

When you guys painted your grille's did you rattle can them? Or have them professionally sprayed? What did you do to prep the chromed surface?

thanks

Tape off the "grill" area and paint the chrome only. Looks so much better when you keep it as stock as possible. I lightly sanded both grill and emblem and they have held up very well. We don't have much road debris as you guys up north. I use rustoleum flat black ( high enamel, tall silver cans) and it's the best paint I have found for the front and emblems.

Here is the closest (current) shot I have.
image-3664949910.jpg

When you guys painted your grille's did you rattle can them? Or have them professionally sprayed? What did you do to prep the chromed surface?

thanks

I sanded with 400-grit and sprayed with automotive single-stage paint at the same time I was painting my cladding and bumpers. I painted the whole grill.

Tape off the "grill" area and paint the chrome only. Looks so much better when you keep it as stock as possible. I lightly sanded both grill and emblem and they have held up very well. We don't have much road debris as you guys up north. I use rustoleum flat black ( high enamel, tall silver cans) and it's the best paint I have found for the front and emblems.

Here is the closest (current) shot I have.

Wallpaper material:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom