OEM Floor Mat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking to purchase an OEM floor Mat, but I have a question about the Part number(s). Are floor mats universal? I have a 73 FJ40 and found a floor mat part number 5851190330 which supersedes 5851190331. Does anyone know if this is a fit for my '73?

Thanks,
Jerry

Believe the one that ends in 31 is cut out for the PTO winch. I found one place that showed the 31 available. When I went thru check out the cost of shipping was well over twice the cost of the mat itself. See that 30 shows up available from a place in Florida. Been my experience that business shows available when it really isn't. Rarely have I had a business ever come thru with a known NLA part. That holds true to businesses in the Middle East and Japan. I have bought a number of parts I thought I would need later only to find them NLA shortly after. My advice is if you find a part you might want don't wait. At the rate the Heritage program is slowly rolling out parts I'll be dead before the ones I'm after ever get done if they do them at all.

I think City Racer is reproducing them.

But not for the 73 FJ40 with a three speed. 9/73 (74 model) the mat for the three speed changed. While the US only had a four speed starting early 74 in other markets continued with the J30 three speed until 10/82, start of the 83 model. From 9/73-1/79 I see two different mats used with a three speed change was 1/75. Both are NLA.

My plan for my 73 is to switch to a four speed because with all the right parts it is a direct bolt in conversion. Keep the parts can go back later. I have purchase a transmission boot that fits the stock 74-78 four speed opening in the mat. This is using the shifter out of a early 60 series. Still looking for one to fit the opening for a rubber transfer case boot to fit the stock cut out in the mat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom