OEM Factory Key Code Cutting Service & Re-Coding & Re-Keying 80 Series Ignition Lock Cylinder , Lock and Key Tech. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Seems like this

OP seems to have gone AWOL and haven't gotten a response here or from his website.

I'm sure he is just either out of office or had a family emergency. Unfortunaly with Fires, Covid, and Heath issues we may have to patient with most vendors. This doesn't even include if they get a Vacation. I'm sure if you are un satisfied with your wait time he will refund you.

Last edited:
@ToyotaMatt Let me know when you're "back in the office" and can do a few keys, thanks!

Just to share my story. I’m working on 2 cruisers, a 94 and 93. The 93 I had code cut from my preferred Toyota dealership and first cut I went home and tried it, it wouldn’t work. I took it back as it wouldn’t work and we decided to pass it one more time through the machine with code cutting as my 93 keys do not lock the glove box (I think the key I have was cut from the valet). It did shave some material off and that key now works to open and lock all doors including glove box.

I have to go back and ask for my 1994 to be recut as it isn’t working from code cut.

New code cut keys really do add a touch as your rebuilding your truck.
A48C4FC0-E0C2-445C-B705-8132067959AA.jpeg

I'm sure he is just either out of office or had a family emergency. Unfortunaly with Fires, Covid, and Heath issues we may have to patient with most vendors. This doesn't even include if they get a Vacation. I'm sure if you are un satisfied with your wait time he will refund you.
I just received a key blank from him. Took about a week to get it from when I ordered it.
@ToyotaMatt Let me know when you're "back in the office" and can do a few keys, thanks!
Just to share my story. I’m working on 2 cruisers, a 94 and 93. The 93 I had code cut from my preferred Toyota dealership and first cut I went home and tried it, it wouldn’t work. I took it back as it wouldn’t work and we decided to pass it one more time through the machine with code cutting as my 93 keys do not lock the glove box (I think the key I have was cut from the valet). It did shave some material off and that key now works to open and lock all doors including glove box.

I have to go back and ask for my 1994 to be recut as it isn’t working from code cut.

New code cut keys really do add a touch as your rebuilding your truck.
View attachment 2439269

Hi folks , matt here

its been a VERY busy Friday , and a VERY busy week too ........

i do work on the CUE system , everyone gets a Fair shake , and Nobody gets ignored , i try my best to get to everyone as soon as humanly possible ..

Kindly ,

Matt :)

Last edited:
Received my key today.

First try and it would unlock but not lock the drivers door, works on passenger and not at all on the hatch..... THEN I broke out the WD40 and began to follow Matt's instructions. 3 sec of spray followed by In and out wipe off nasty s*** and over and over I did this. Then more WD40 and turn it lock and unlock, wipe off the key and repeat. Drivers door and passenger door working.

The hatch took a while longer BUT it works!!! I ran out of WD40 so hopefully I'll get some tomorrow and I finally have a key that works all three door locks.

Thanks Matt!

Matt, would i need to provide info again for another PERFECT key?

Matt, would i need to provide info again for another PERFECT key?

Hi Kevin , how are you sir :)

YES !

you would have to provide me your factory key code again and each seperate times you need or want oem code cut keys

I DO NOT and NEVER have stored or recorded anyone's Toyota Key Code , in anyway ...............

why you may ask ?

well ...........

- Why would i ever have to , ?

- if a client has there's the first time then the will have it any other time too

- it's a huge responsibility enough making oem code cut keys that have the better the high success rate of working as they should

engaging 40-50 year old lock cylinders ,

- lastly it would be not only bad business practice to do so , but extremely bad judgment on my end to compile such a list or data base in general , and again i refer to the above , there no real good reason to take the extra time to record and store such private
info ...........

- summery :
i treat each lock and key job of any sort as strictly confidential Status at ALL times , and 100% confidential in every way between my clients , fellow mud members etc ...........

- This is both my
Company Policy , and also the ONLY way i roll .................

index999999999999999999999999999999 - Copy - Copy.png

old skool toyota 2.jpeg

Last edited:
@ToyotaMatt I know this thread is now quite a few years old, but are you still cutting keys? My local dealers are worthless. I have a ‘96 80 Series and know my key code. May need to send you a new cylinder or two to have set after I get a couple keys.

Let me know! Thanks

Your secret sauce for getting a pesky rear hatch to lock — it will unlock after approximately 82.5 jiggles, would also be appreciated.

@ToyotaMatt I know this thread is now quite a few years old, but are you still cutting keys? My local dealers are worthless. I have a ‘96 80 Series and know my key code. May need to send you a new cylinder or two to have set after I get a couple keys.

Let me know! Thanks

Your secret sauce for getting a pesky rear hatch to lock — it will unlock after approximately 82.5 jiggles, would also be appreciated.
Key cut to the code and a little dry lock lube fixed my similar issues

I’ll give some dry lock lube a try on the hatch, but my one rounded off key I have is getting me nervous. lol

I also sent @ToyotaMatt a PM to see if he’s still in business. I really need some keys!

i have not been on MUD all week till late last night ...

i just replied to you PM

please go there now and review it

thanks ...:)

i have not been on MUD all week till late last night ...

i just replied to you PM

please go there now and review it

thanks ...:)
Thanks Matt - but I don't see a PM...shows you haven't viewed it yet. Perhaps the "server" takes a while to sync up? Anyway, I'll check again tomorrow, thanks a million - this key is a real pain (manually locking doors, climbing into the back to lock the hatch! Appreciate it.

Thanks Matt - but I don't see a PM...shows you haven't viewed it yet. Perhaps the "server" takes a while to sync up? Anyway, I'll check again tomorrow, thanks a million - this key is a real pain (manually locking doors, climbing into the back to lock the hatch! Appreciate it.

i just re-sent it

look in your in-box now

reply back
thanks

1711429647626.gif

- Noteworthy NOTE Alert : 🚨

- it is my conclusion as of right now , in the last " ? HOURS ? " ...

- the 90999-00163 OEM Toyota Genuine Parts 91-97 all things 80 Series Cold-Spec. / SNOW-VERSION Land Cruiser Key Bank ...

- has been Disc. / NLA .....

- however , i have only seen this very unique and exact same in kind : Parts Supersession of 90999-00163 to now 90999-00174 play out a hand full of times ....

- i have faq-checked this topic at least a dozen or more times today as well

- the 90999-00163 does NOT come up anywhere as simply Discontinued or out of Production ,

- it has 100% simply changed the part # to the -00174 and use the " TERM " replaces"

- below are current and verified Toyota genuine parts images as today 3 / 30 / 2024 , of 90999-00174 & 90999-00163

- if anyone else has facts based technical input to share here , please do so .....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

personal last thought :

- this topic pizzes me off royally
:mad:, yet another example of " Stupid Toyota Japan " decision with no-clue who & what the global land cruiser Community is as there greatest and most lifetime loyal end product users & supporters .......:rolleyes:

1711774234685.jpeg

90999-00174  1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom