OEM Factory Key Code Cutting Service & Re-Coding & Re-Keying 80 Series Ignition Lock Cylinder , Lock and Key Tech. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wish I'd have seen this earlier. I went to my local dealership last week for a key. They could not pull the code from the VIN, so I pulled the passenger door lock and took it in. They cut a key from the code there, but used an ilco blank, not a Toyota one.

my order of Unique NON-USA 80 Series Key Blanks just arrives Today

this brings your blank style choice to 4 different ones ...................... :)

DSCN2122.JPG
DSCN2127.JPG
DSCN2129.JPG
DSCN2134.JPG

Received my key today.

First try and it would unlock but not lock the drivers door, works on passenger and not at all on the hatch..... THEN I broke out the WD40 and began to follow Matt's instructions. 3 sec of spray followed by In and out wipe off nasty s*** and over and over I did this. Then more WD40 and turn it lock and unlock, wipe off the key and repeat. Drivers door and passenger door working.

The hatch took a while longer BUT it works!!! I ran out of WD40 so hopefully I'll get some tomorrow and I finally have a key that works all three door locks.

Thanks Matt!

Received my key today.

First try and it would unlock but not lock the drivers door, works on passenger and not at all on the hatch..... THEN I broke out the WD40 and began to follow Matt's instructions. 3 sec of spray followed by In and out wipe off nasty s*** and over and over I did this. Then more WD40 and turn it lock and unlock, wipe off the key and repeat. Drivers door and passenger door working.

The hatch took a while longer BUT it works!!! I ran out of WD40 so hopefully I'll get some tomorrow and I finally have a key that works all three door locks.

Thanks Matt!

It makes me Very Happy that you New OEM Code Cut SST Machine key i

Hand Crafted you works as it should , ! :)

- im also VERY greatfull you followed My Time Tested Directions and

Prescribed methods , for UN-Freezing Frozen Locks on ANY Land

Cruiser !

- iF you Pre lube your Locks prior to recieveg My Code Cut Keys , your Results will Be even Better then , @6894kevin 's were !

he will find out in coming days as he continues to use his Refreshed Lock Cylinders , that they will only get BETTER ,
and work like New on
DAY 1 @ PLANT A11

:)

Thanks Kevin 4 sharing your Story and Facts with the 80 Series Land Cruiser Community

old skool toyota.jpg

old skool toyota 2.jpeg

araco_booth - Copy ink.jpg

19760528_01_01_en_s1 #3 - Copy - Copy (2).jpg

DBE2A984-B8ED-4535-AE2D-1D400EDE0916.jpeg

Last edited:
I wanted to give a great seller a bump. I needed new keys for my 80. After following the instructions, they keys work amazingly. So glad to have good quality keys again.

Communication was awesome!

Thanks Matt.

I just wanted to add my experience. I bought blanks from @ToyotaMatt, and had the dealer cut from the VIN for a flat $25 cut fee. The new keys made the door and ignition locks work like new again. I suspect that everyone should do go ahead and get a new set, given the age of our vehicles.

Can you cut from the VIN, or do you need the key code? I didn't get a master key when I got mine.
Thanks!
This is my question @ToyotaMatt , and sorry if I missed where it was answered. Last couple times I've tried to start the LC, it's gotten very hard to get key to turn using all the tricks. Just tried with no success. I'm sure I can probably keep messing with and get it but it's very aggravating and I will surely be stuck at some point. Can you cut the keys from my VIN number?

Last edited:
@hootie, yes, he was able to cut keys for my '97 from the VIN. Keys work perfectly.

When I ordered, he was no longer able to cut from VIN. However he was able to cut from the tumbler code, which is stamped on the tumbler inside the door, or on a small piece of punch-out metal that came with your original OEM keys.

This is my question @ToyotaMatt , and sorry if I missed where it was answered. Last couple times I've tried to start the LC, it's gotten very hard to get key to turn using all the tricks. Just tried with no success. I'm sure I can probably keep messing with and get it but it's very aggravating and I will surely be stuck at some point. Can you cut the keys from my VIN number?

i no longer can cut keys from the VIN , Toyota reigned in this with added security and verification features , However .....

i can cut any land cruiser key by the factory key code ......... :)

s-l16001.jpg

I had called around to several local Toyota dealers to try and get this key cut. No one seemed to be able to do it. However IME no dealer really knows what the hell they're doing anyway. I had to explain to the parts counter guy at Lexus that my LX450 was made by Toyota.

I wonder if it'd be worth it to switch over to a standard type Toyota key system for a Lexus. Hmm.

i no longer can cut keys from the VIN , Toyota reigned in this with added security and verification features , However .....

i can cut any land cruiser key by the factory key code ......... :)

I wonder how much it's the key wearing vs the cylinder? I have keys that were made a couple years ago that haven't even been used but they won't work either. I understand that they were cut from my worn keys but they haven't seen any further wear. I guess it would be worth a shot to just get the code and see if a brand new key will work then, if it doesn't, try to get the cylinder rebuilt.

I wonder how much it's the key wearing vs the cylinder? I have keys that were made a couple years ago that haven't even been used but they won't work either. I understand that they were cut from my worn keys but they haven't seen any further wear. I guess it would be worth a shot to just get the code and see if a brand new key will work then, if it doesn't, try to get the cylinder rebuilt.

I wondered as well. I had key copies made a few years ago, with little to no improvement. These OEM blanks from ToyotaMatt, cut to VIN by my local dealer, made an amazing improvement in all of the ignition and door cylinders.

OEM toyota key blanks are make of a super high quality NICKLE ALLOY , hence keep a sharp edge longer then cheap hardware store yellow brass ones

OEM TOYOTA Lock cylinders have ALL steel tumblers / wafers , this design feature wears out the the Key blank itself , and NOT the locks internals , however its not perfect world , all the worn nickle allow builds up and collects inside Toyota locks , hence my time tested and proven WD-40 brand flush out and rotate till perfect
again lock restore step by steps i have posted everywhere, i was taught and skooled in during my College Years attending the T-TEN program lock and key full semester module .......

i have BIG newz too :

First generation Black top NOS blanks , i sourced a 1 gallon drywall bucket full , out of the old Soviet Republic of Lithuania ...........

Prresenting NOS
90999-00106 ............ :cool:

F31755B4-C2A1-4E9D-938A-2D77243CA659.jpeg

144-100A-2-big.jpg

144-100-cut-away-big.jpg

144keyprofile.jpg

90999-00163 #5  69057-60030.jpg

OK, looks like I'll be pulling my passenger door panel off and try to retrieve a key code, then order me a Russian bride, I mean keys.

OK, looks like I'll be pulling my passenger door panel off and try to retrieve a key code, then order me a Russian bride, I mean keys.

old skool toyota 2.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom