OEM Factory Key Code Cutting Service & Re-Coding & Re-Keying 80 Series Ignition Lock Cylinder , Lock and Key Tech. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

90999-00163 #5  69057-60030.jpg

Last edited:
if you have a lexus key and want to change it all you need are the 4 locks from a cruiser. i have some but anyone else parting out a truck can get them for you. much easier IMO than dealing with the dumb internal keys.

the only way to tell my LX was a lexus is the L in the steering wheel. everything else has been changed to toyota style.

A recent HJ85 Code Cut Job , Via the 5 Digit code ,

I was able to Machine SST code Factory Cut with Crisp , Sharp Fresh

SOLID Nickle Alloy OEM Results ...........

when it comes to any Years Land Cruiser Key Blank Go OEM or Go Home

DSCN1866.JPG
DSCN1865.JPG
DSCN1869.JPG
DSCN1870.JPG
DSCN1872.JPG

Last edited:
Regarding the Lexus LX450 inside cut keys -

There definitely are independent locksmiths with the ability to duplicate a key you hand to them, at a reasonable price (but not cheap).
But - few and far between - you might have to search.
And - the Lexus dealer is NOT where you will get a reasonable and happy solution.
Your local Lexus dealer might have an exclusive subcontract deal with a local locksmith - with huge markup. Very expensive.
They will not tell you who he is.
They will deny the existence of any independent locksmiths.

Getting a key made from the key code - Dealer only, and then - maybe. Don't expect a warm welcome, happy to help.
As customers go, you are a total pain, and not profitable.

Re-keying - that's a whole other can of worms.
Getting a whole set (door & ignition cylinders and keys) from a parted out vehicle might be easier.

I dealt with this stuff on a '99 Lexus GS300, with wireless coded keys burned into the ECM - really REALLY painful.
Fortunately, the LX450 keys are just physical keys - the ECM knows nothing about keys.

Last edited:
I dealt with this stuff on a '99 Lexus GS300, with wireless coded keys burned into the ECM - really REALLY painful.
A few years back i ran into a problem with a factory anti theft system used in a late 90's GM car. Not only did i have to replace the customers Ignition key cylinder to try to get the car to start. But i also had to replace the ECM, along with the instrument panel too. The instrument panel had sensors in it that completed the ignition connection between the ignition key switch, and the ECM so the car would start. Talk about a painful system to repair, thank god GM only used that system for a few years.

A few years back i ran into a problem with a factory anti theft system used in a late 90's GM car. Not only did i have to replace the customers Ignition key cylinder to try to get the car to start. But i also had to replace the ECM, along with the instrument panel too. The instrument panel had sensors in it that completed the ignition connection between the ignition key switch, and the ECM so the car would start. Talk about a painful system to repair, thank god GM only used that system for a few years.

well ...............

they were TOO BIG to fail for a reason ...........

Great seller. I bought my key blanks from him. Wish I would have known I could have you cut them as well.

if you mail them back to me ,for machine code cutting

i will ship them back to you , and i will pay the return shipping :D

I already had them cut. You have amazing customer service tho! I put the teq parts screw driver in my Apu from Joey.

Thanks again!

i had 1000 of those made in late summer , as a promo thing , without even blinking a eye it was reallly a Needed SST tool

a 40 series pull switch knob remove / install set screw sst

see some have flat and some phillipps

have you ever seen a double tips end like that before

that was my idea , and the promo company custom made them to my spec's

im glad you got one , it will serve you well , they are high quality , and

NOT Ghetto 99 cents crap !

Yeah it was cool. My dad had a chain of big o tired stores from the 70s-90s. He would give away those screw drivers and tire pressure gauges. Cool trip down memory lane.

yea ,

decals , magnets , are So Passe

i like timeless !

check out my latest promo prizes :

landcruiser 40 series cluster meter inspired :

DSCN1869.JPG
DSCN1870.JPG
DSCN0971.JPG
DSCN0976.JPG
DSCN1871.JPG

dscn1871-jpg.2172784

I do believe those are my new keys!
Ordered from Matt yesterday (For my 97, cut from VIN); got notice that he shipped out today. Crazy fast turnaround. Looking forward to being able to finally get in the door with a key without jiggling, wiggling, and cursing the crappy old copies I got with the rig.
Thanks Matt!

My rear hatch has never locked/unlocked with a key and I'm pretty sure the keys I do have are remakes. Makes me wonder if a new factory key would open the rear door. Anyone run into this issue??

My rear hatch has never locked/unlocked with a key and I'm pretty sure the keys I do have are remakes. Makes me wonder if a new factory key would open the rear door. Anyone run into this issue??

YES,

i run into this and see it all the time ...........

a Fresh sharp , crisp , TRUE OEM key code cut on SST machine

will solve this most times 9 out of 10

after market keys are thin and dont properly engage tumblers correctly

when i ship you a nice New OEM key i will also include my secret sauce instructions as well :)

\
90999-00163  #7.png
90999-00163 #5  69057-60030.jpg
CFC6DC5A-2B75-4B41-A1FF-8D5AF5CCB9B0.jpeg
DBE2A984-B8ED-4535-AE2D-1D400EDE0916.jpeg

As a possibility - have you looked all over the tail-hatch to make sure no PO swapped the panel & ghetto’d / skipped re-cylindering the lock?

We ran into this after much graphite lube & jiggling keys like a SoB - on further look a green hatch had been sprayed white to match & installed.

If you know the cylinder is true to the rig, try some gun lube like CLP, then flush it out after alot of jiggles - graphite lube as a final so it isn’t a dust magnet.

HTH - BT,DT.

Great seller. I bought my key blanks from him. Wish I would have known I could have you cut them as well.
Crap. I’m pretty sure I did the same thing!

As a possibility - have you looked all over the tail-hatch to make sure no PO swapped the panel & ghetto’d / skipped re-cylindering the lock?

We ran into this after much graphite lube & jiggling keys like a SoB - on further look a green hatch had been sprayed white to match & installed.

If you know the cylinder is true to the rig, try some gun lube like CLP, then flush it out after alot of jiggles - graphite lube as a final so it isn’t a dust magnet.

HTH - BT,DT.

For the price, I'll take my chances plus I know for sure all my keys are hardware cut, so it cant hurt to have 1 factory cut.

I have never been able to open my rear hatch with my key. Only got the passenger door to open once or twice with the key, with a lot of jiggling and frustration. Ordered two new keys from Matt that arrived tonight. Ventured out into the downpour, and low and behold the doors opened like, well, like they are supposed to! Well worth the price. Matt cut from my VIN, and the keys are perfect.
Thank you Matt!

dscn1871-jpg.2172784

I do believe those are my new keys!
Ordered from Matt yesterday (For my 97, cut from VIN); got notice that he shipped out today. Crazy fast turnaround. Looking forward to being able to finally get in the door with a key without jiggling, wiggling, and cursing the crappy old copies I got with the rig.
Thanks Matt!

Prior to engaging your new fresh crisp , sharp & true to form oem keys ,

get some NAME BRAND ONLY WD-40) blue and yellow can , insert red straw

into shutter door and press button , count to 3 slowly then stop ,

insert New Key , and DO NOT rotate yet , push key in and out of lock in a rapid

straight even motion , in out , in out , in out , then wipe key off with paper towel

should be BLACK and grey crap all over new key , wipe clean , repeat the in out in out like 10 more times , repeat clean off key ,

then insert WD-40 straw again and same 3 second burst , this flushed out all the
RUBBISH and micro metal filings and shavings from years of use ....

now engage new key and carefully with out force of any kind rotate each way ,

in a slow but methodical motion , as you would using it as normal ,

like 10 times each way , then remove key wipe off any black grey crap again

- things should be smooth as they were on day 1 as Your Land Cruiser drove

out of PLANT A11 en-route to this so long ago ...................

1578473833453.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom