OEM Euro Spec FJ60 Mirrors or OEM 70 series mirrors??? (1 Viewer)

Which mirrors would you run?

• OEM Euro Spec FJ60 Mirrors

Votes: 31 57.4%
  • OEM 70 series mirrors

Votes: 23 42.6%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have at least 300k (likely much more) miles on two pair of 70 series mirrors mounted on two FJ60s. These mirrors have been up and down rough roads, smacked by brush and small limbs, and are still rock solid at 70 mph. Got these years ago as 70 series mine truck pull offs.

I have been running a set of Aussie (Euro) spec mirrors for about two years now and they are great. Never any issues with them, slight vibration at speed but think that has to do more with my stiff suspension setup vs anything else. They have been down the trail a few times and never seemed to have an issue with getting smacked or anything.

On the euro spec mirrors, is there a beveled screw available for them instead of the FJ62 flat head screw?

Just to clarify before I buy.
If i purchase the OEM 70 series Black mirror for my FJ60, can i use the existing hardware and gasket?

Just bumping this old thread 'cuz I bought the Taiwan-made aftermarket 62-style mirrors and have had them a few years and they're as everyone states, low quality. I even went so far as to install new USA-made replacement glass that did improve the mirror (Passenger side is a Convex glass replacement), but by the time you factor it all in, it's silly not to spend the extra $50 and just get the good ones from the beginning.

If you need replacement glass, this is a good spot, and they also sell on fleabay... https://burcoinc.com/redi-cuts-catalog/

I’ll add my thoughts on the recent addition of the Euro spec mirrors to my 60.

Overall, not super impressed. Every time I shut the door, they move, so they require constant adjustment. Sure, they look great and the convex mirrors are awesome, but they’re a total pain in the ass.

I’m considering ditching them for 70 series mirrors.

EDIT: Maybe I’m an idiot and need to adjust them before I bitch about them. Update to follow...

Last edited:
I have the Euro spec and and really like them. I've knocked them on trees a bunch and they are holding up pretty well. My DS now drifts inward at highway speeds - but that was after a run in with a branch.

if yours are moving a bit, there are some small phillips screws that I believe will tighten them up a little...be gentle!

I’ll add my thoughts on the recent addition of the Euro spec mirrors to my 60.

Overall, not super impressed. Every time I shut the door, they move, so they require constant adjustment. Sure, they look great and the convex mirrors are awesome, but they’re a total pain in the ass.

I’m considering ditching them for 70 series mirrors.

EDIT: Maybe I’m an idiot and need to adjust them before I bitch about them. Update to follow...

Yeah, so after adjusting these, they’re loads better. Feel like an idiot for thinking they were trash. Thanks to @Racer65 for the quick response tech support last night while I was tequila‘d up and feeling feisty. He’s got some in stock, so if you’re after a pair, hit him up. They shipped fast and were well packaged.

I went ahead and ordered some 70-series mirrors only because I like the style better and don't want chrome and don't want to paint the housings... Also, kudos to @Godwin for posting those pix a few years ago ;)

Truth is I rarely use the side mirrors anyway, except for backing out of my narrow driveway or parking, cuz I use a 'Broadway' convex, blue-tint clip on as my rearview mirror and it has an incredible wide field of vision. Like it so much I've put one on every vehicle.

1600710923737.png

Yeah, so after adjusting these, they’re loads better. Feel like an idiot for thinking they were trash. Thanks to @Racer65 for the quick response tech support last night while I was tequila‘d up and feeling feisty. He’s got some in stock, so if you’re after a pair, hit him up. They shipped fast and were well packaged.

What is pricing like on these Euro mirrors.from @Racer65?

Last edited:
first born or set of twins

The aftermarket 60 mirrors are mostly junk.

OEM or bust.

70's are the way to go IMHO.

If anyone has a deal on some 70's series post them up :)

OEM or bust.

Those are the ones I've been leaning towards too.

OEM or bust.

I've been waiting for city racer to restock

Last edited:
I got the 70 series mirrors from city racer. I should have done it sooner. Rock solid stable and great visibility as compared to the factory us spec.

I bought the 70 series from megazip a few years ago and can't believe how much I love them. I often have the back windows blocked off with heat shielding or gear and having the tall wide mirrors that are slightly parabolic are amazing. I also tow a little trailer sometimes and can tilt them both in a bit and can simultaneously see the lane next to me and the edge of my trailer. I;ve taken them off road too pushing through overgrown roads and they have held up perfectly and also folded away appropriately when i dragged heavier tree branches across them.

Just bought some 70 series mirrors from City Racer if you've been waiting for the restock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom