OEM dash w/SBC - could someone kindly double check this approach? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is for my ‘68 with an original dash and a SBC (running a TH350, NP203 and Toyota transfer case).

Oil pressure - GM correct thread from block to an adapter and stock FJ40 sensor

Coolant - GM correct thread from block to an adapter and stock FJ40 sensor

Speedometer - standard stuff except longer cable

Fuel - standard Toyota

Amp - no clue, haven’t thought about it yet

Thanks!

You are a gentleman and a scholar my friend, thanks John.

The adapter comes out of the 2f head and will thread into a first gen Chevy. Nothing special here. As for the oil sender just get the brass one that comes with the Chevy and thread the Toyota sender into it ,it will tighten up and be leak free.for amp gauge I just skipped it and went to a dummy light , I used the old little red brake light as the dummy light

As above. I wired my 120A alternator directly to the battery so that I didn’t fry the factory wiring.

I’ve got a Faria Volt meter pulled out of the case and fit into a cluster... it was a 5 minute job... making a mask for the face is taking years ;) When done it’ll tell me voltage instead... not as useful but won’t melt the wiring.

You can get the temp sender adapter from Toyota I think they call it the temp sender union like $6 bucks

Hi there-I actually found that piece from prior searching and ordered it from Toyota. Hopefully that makes it easy to deal with.
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom