OEM CV Axle, 2 yellow clamps vs 1 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IMG_4747.jpeg
Hi All,

Just got new CVs from Online Toyota Dealer in Pa and it did not come with two yellow boots clamps. Only one on the outboard joint. I read some threads that it was ok to have one yellow. Since they are pricey and once installed there is no going back what do you all think ?

Also in the picture you can see how bent the dust shield is, return or try to fix it ?

Thanks
70663811423__96075720-7D2B-413A-92A0-D20B74E22ED6.jpeg

$400+ dollars id send it back- and explain to them how it needs to be packed to avoid shipping damage- clearly avoidable when packed correctly.

Dont worry about the band clamps they look correct

$400+ dollars id send it back- and explain to them how it needs to be packed to avoid shipping damage- clearly avoidable when packed correctly.

Dont worry about the band clamps they look correct
Thanks thats what I was thinking too expensive to waste time repairing when it should have arrived in better shape. The other one is bent as well but not like this one.

Got one recently from Boch Toyota, no damage in shipping luckily, but I was also concerned about the one yellow band. Thought I’ve made a mistake in the order and got a rebuilt for the price of a new one.
After inspecting the part, all good, definitely new. Definitely quality.
Got the flange from Partsouq, half the price than locally, and had to order some other small stuff so shipping wasn’t a factor.

I’d contact the place you got it from first before returning to see what they think of the damage, also in case they’re back ordered, you don’t want to send this one to them, and wait weeks or months for a replacement.
Maybe they’ll offer a refund of some sort and you bend the plate back as Trunk said.

Last edited:
Make sure to let seller/shipper knows, they need to repack before shipping. If they're not informed, they keep doing the same thing.

Last edited:
Got one recently from Boch Toyota, no damage in shipping luckily, but I was also concerned about the one yellow band. Thought I’ve made a mistake in the order and got a rebuilt for the price of a new one.
After inspecting the part, all good, definitely new. Definitely quality.
Got the flange from Partsouq, half the price than locally, and had to order some other small stuff so shipping wasn’t a factor.

I’d contact the place you got it from first before returning to see what they think of the damage, also in case they’re back ordered, you don’t want to send this one to them, and wait weeks or months for a replacement.
Maybe they’ll offer a refund of some sort and you bend the plate back as Trunk said.
I wanted to order the small stuff from partsouq as well but since the pandemic shipping has gone up and it turns out some cases I only save 20-30$ and no warranty on their parts also. Their shipping speed has gone down by couple of days as well.

Update: They ordered replacement which will ship tomorrow. I sent them the pictures and based on how bent it is and my skills I think I will be happier with replacement ones. I also asked them to ship it with more packing materials. If they were not 2 hrs away a pickup would make so much sense. The local dealers refused price match.

Make sure to let seller/shipper know, they need to repack before shipping. If they're not informed, they keep doing the same thing.
What do you think about the band colors? I follow your posts and I read your post that they are OEM just different band/clamp.

I'd bend it back and use it, it's not a structural part of the CV. I'd be more worried about the end splines, which are also prone to shipping damage, and yours look like they arrived in good shape.
Not structural but integral to keeping a good seal between knuckle and cv- and it will never bend back to its original shape - Ive retuned them for this reason-

Anyone ordering these items
  • CV’s
  • Radiators
  • Master Booster Assembly
it is important to reiterate to the seller that additional packing is needed to ensure the items arrive undamaged- call or email them up front to make sure.

What do you think about the band colors? I follow your posts and I read your post that they are OEM just different band/clamp.
Different colored bands, are of no concern. Likely a supply chain issues.

My first axle was bent on the dust shield like that but not as bad. I bent it back because I was in a slight hurry to get it all back together. No issues but I was annoyed that it was shipped with minimal protection. Second time I ordered one to do the drivers side I asked them to pack it well and they did. Came perfect. Oh and it had one yellow band and one silver

My first axle was bent on the dust shield like that but not as bad. I bent it back because I was in a slight hurry to get it all back together. No issues but I was annoyed that it was shipped with minimal protection. Second time I ordered one to do the drivers side I asked them to pack it well and they did. Came perfect. Oh and it had one yellow band and one silver
Same! One of mine was dinged/bent but the second was perfect. Needle nose to straighten and used a pair of calipers to check for round.

Not nearly as badly bent as OPs post here - pretty mangled for the money being spent! I'd request a do-over as well with them.

Same! One of mine was dinged/bent but the second was perfect. Needle nose to straighten and used a pair of calipers to check for round.

Not nearly as badly bent as OPs post here - pretty mangled for the money being spent! I'd request a do-over as well with them.
I used my highly-calibrated fingers to check for round lol. Really all I cared about was if it was close enough to
1. not leave a huge gap
2. not rub or scrape.

But I would definitely give the dealer grief for the way the OPs axles shipped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom