OEM Carburetor rebuild kit include the secondary diaphragm? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does the Toyota carburetor rebuild kit you get from the dealership include the secondary diaphragm? This is for an '85 FJ-60.

From what I can tell from searching, a lot of the aftermarket kits include the secondary diaphragm, but it is the wrong one for the '85 2F carb. Is this true?

I am going to rebuild the carb, and just want to make sure I have everything before I get started.

Thanks.

I ordered a carb rebuild kit from cruiserdan at American Toyota. It did not have the secondary diaphragm- had to purchase it separately.

You might call Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters or Mark A. at Mark's Off Road for the rebuild kit and diaphragm.

OEM kits I've purchase do not have a diaphragm. I did purchase a Hygrade kit that did come with a diaphragm but it's apparently a diaphragm for an earlier carb. That kit is for a wide range of 2F carbs not just the FJ60 carb.

See my sig line for Marksoffroad.net .... CALL after 1pm. Don't email. Mark has them.

The correct diaphragm was avail from NAPA, but seems to be a little hard to find, now.

NAPA part # CRB 24093
Beck Arnley 167-0008
Niehoff FS468

Last edited:
...You might call Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters or Mark A. at Mark's Off Road for the rebuild kit and diaphragm.

We've both got them in stock :D

yeah they are hard to find but you can get the part number and take it to napa and you should be able to find it. I'm not sure where I found it but i was surfing some threads and someone kind enough poted it. thtas the easiest way to do it no shipping or anything and it's the right one.

Thanks all. I will give Kurt a call and order them.

More PN's

More PN's for reference.

Secondary diaphragm :
NAPA part # CRB 24093
Beck Arnley 167-0008
Niehoff FS468
BorgWarner (now BWD) 641668A
Toyota 21669-61100

Floats:
Hygrade FL31
GP Sorensen 779-8003
Walker 100-139 (sometimes not OE)
Tomco 737 (sometimes not OE)

Carburetor kit w/ straight stem sec. diaphragm :
Hygrade 791B
GP Sorensen/Carburetor 96-309B

Last edited:
All the others listed above OEM, appear to be identical to each other. They are made in USA and of excellent quality. I suspect they all come out of a factory owned by Standard Motor Products.

napaonline, 16.99 !

Thank you, Jim.

t

Last edited:
So many parts discontinued, sigh....
Was just looking for carb floats and wanted to clarify. There are 2 floats for F/2F/3F carb. The global standard float is straight, is referenced in post #8 above. A common aftermarket number (OEM part in aftermarket box) is 779-8003.

There is also an oddball part used on some 77-78 emissions carb that has a bent arm to wrap around a baffle. The aftermarket # is 779-8031.

The 2 floats can be interchanged if necessary. Removing the 2 screws and baffle is all that's required to use the common float in a smog 78 carb.

Common 779-8003 float to fit all 70-newer 2bbl carbs:

Oddball 779-8031 float that costs more money:

HTH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom