Wanted OEM Carburetor for 08/1970 F Engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I will have to clean this before I can even put it in the beadblaster. And there's no guarantee that it's rebuildable; both throttle shafts are frozen. I lost an old cruiserhead friend two years ago that sold me a core with two frozen throttle shafts and expected me to eat the three hours of my life that it took to make the carb fully functional again.☹️

OTOH, once and a while someone sells me a really nice core. The one that I posted the vacuum tube of for reference earlier is now rebuilt. It is show quality. Ten years ago when I had full warehouse privileges from Marv Spector, I pulled it out of one of his shipping containers and bought it for a 'one of these days' project.

F4F0B63B-F28D-434B-8031-35836467B815.jpeg

B13ECE8D-EEDB-4ADB-BF37-267D93B214B9.jpeg

Last edited:
I will have to clean this before I can even put it in the beadblaster. And there's no guarantee that it's rebuildable; both throttle shafts are frozen. I lost an old cruiserhead friend two years ago that sold me a core with two frozen throttle shafts and expected me to eat the three hours of my life that it took to make the carb fully functional again.☹️

OTOH, once and a while someone sells me a really nice core. The one that I posted the vacuum tube of for reference earlier is now rebuilt. It is show quality. Ten years ago when I had full warehouse privileges from Marv Spector, I pulled it out of a shipping container and bought it for a 'one of these days' project.

View attachment 3084515

View attachment 3084516
That is definitely a thing of beauty. Warehouse privileges... I bet there are some stories to be told...
Regards

I got your message Mark. The carburetor will ship tomorrow, and I will get you a tracking number when I get to the shop.
It will be late though; I have to make a field call on a local client who’s 40 has a knock serious enough that I don’t want him to drive it until it’s diagnosed.

Thank you, Mark. I hope all is well on your end.
Everything is great here.😊Getting lots of cool stuff done. Built a fridge slider for our van yesterday; new fridge showed up an hour later.
4ED53463-3F65-437C-B8B2-BBF6113C35D2.jpeg

New pizza cutter Kenda tires for the 45 showed up today. Time to move on from the ones @HKforte gave me. Getting a new 200A service panel on the guest house tomorrow. Got a fresh coat of varnish on the platform of the karma cruiser Friday before the rain started.
1662934509021.jpeg

Hoping to be sleeping under the stars in the desert in a few weeks.
Life is good.😊

Quite a productive weekend. That is a pretty classy van with a Persian rug.:)

Quite a productive weekend. That is a pretty classy van with a Persian rug.:)
Lol on the rugs. They’re all my wife’s choices, and none of them are intact. It seems like every two or three trips, she’s hacked up a new one to put in there.
Maybe it’s therapy for her. :meh:

Mark:
As an aside, I hooked up the vacuum gauge to the intake manifold this morning. It reads a steady 18Hg at idle. Is that acceptable in your book for an original 1F 1970 engine? Thanks.

09.12.2022.Vacuum Reading.jpg

Not seeing what you’re seeing Mark. I see 22”, which is awesome.😊

Oh! My bad. I read it backwards. (Must be an age thing again).
Thanks as always.
Mark.

Mark

Your package is due Thursday. I will leave you a voicemail with the tracking number when I get back to the office. At the moment I am at the Red Cross donating blood.

Hi Mark:
Thanks. No need to send tracking info. Fed-Ex notified me of the delivery so we are all good. Curious, however, if you sell a rebuilt vacuum actuator for the transfer case. As I believe I mentioned when we spoke a while back, our truck will engage 4WD but it takes about 1.5 minutes the first time. It gets progressively faster thereafter. I changed out the hoses with no difference. Perhaps it is a leaky diaphragm? It isn't really that big of a deal but it is on my list.
Thanks.
Mark.

Mark:
You are quite a humanitarian for donating zillions of gallons of blood to the RC. That is an accomplishment to be proud of. It is humbling to think of the countless number of people whom you have helped.

Mark:
Pardon this communication using the wrong type of electrons. I just want to let you know that your carburetor arrived safe and sound. You did an amazing job as it looks brand spanking new. Tina packed it really well for the journey. As an aside, for some odd reason, I like the smell. I know that is weird.
Have a great weekend!

Hi Mark:
Thanks. No need to send tracking info. Fed-Ex notified me of the delivery so we are all good. Curious, however, if you sell a rebuilt vacuum actuator for the transfer case. As I believe I mentioned when we spoke a while back, our truck will engage 4WD but it takes about 1.5 minutes the first time. It gets progressively faster thereafter. I changed out the hoses with no difference. Perhaps it is a leaky diaphragm? It isn't really that big of a deal but it is on my list.
Thanks.
Mark.
Almost done.
FAB37B95-8915-499B-9D05-41DFFBB9F464.jpeg

Thank you Mark. It is always a pleasure to visit. Funds sent. Please let me know if you encounter any problems. I plan on implementing your suggestions re the timing light.

And thank you Mark. I still enjoy sharing tech with my customers. Just done with the free handouts in tech here that don’t even rate a thank you (never mind a sale) from all who benefit from it, some of whom lurk even in this thread. :rolleyes: :

Last edited:
Mark:
Well, with you encouragement, I studied the manual for my timing light and learned about using the advance function. Thank you for educating me on that. So, initially when I hooked up the timing light, I discovered that the timing was set on 35 degrees of advance. (Using the TDC line on the flywheel not the BB) Note that to me the engine seemed to run fine and had good vacuum. However, based on what you described when we spoke, I set it up for 21 degrees of advance. The idle dropped a bit, but I'm going to give this a shot and see how it performs on a road test. :) :popcorn:
Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom