Wanted OEM Carburetor for 08/1970 F Engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As the title says: Looking for an original Aisan carburetor for our August 1970 FJ40 to send to @65swb45 for him to rebuild and otherwise work his magic to have as a backup for our current one that Mark did for me a while back. (I'm outright copying what @NYIronPig recently had success in doing).
Thanks.

Green FJ40 Bros got to stick together! Good luck, I scored good last night and now in-route to Mark for a sweet rebuild!

I know. I watched your success with great envy. Mark does wonderful work.
Best wishes.

I know. I watched your success with great envy. Mark does wonderful work.
Best wishes.

mark , i may indeed have a nice complete all parts present 1970 oem carb for u

can u post pics of what its supposed to look like exact , the tech images please

thanks

matt

Matt, the peculiar feature of that model year is that it is the one that has a vacuum port on the inboard side of the fuel bowl, whereas all the newer carburetors used a filtered vacuum source on the topside bung of the intake manifold, forward of the carburetor.

Last edited:
Matt, the peculiar feature of that model year is that it is the one that has a vacuum port on the inboard side of the fuel bowl, whereas all the newer carburetors used a filtered vacuum source on the topside bung forward of the carburetor.

ok , is this the correct oem AISIN Mr. Geen-Been need Mark ?

- thanks for your wisdom and professional experience of 30+ YEARS of TURNING TEq Gears for the Vintage Land Cruiser Community .....

:D

frontpage2.1 - Copy  2.jpg

This is the best photo I'm able to find at the moment. This was fresh from of Mark's Off Road's spectacular restorations. It still runs like a top.

Carb.jpg

Matt:
Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like the fuel inlet is on the opposite side?

That is a six-month-only, 3/69-9/69 carb. A poor candidate for any vehicle.

That is a six-month-only, 3/69-9/69 carb. A poor candidate for any vehicle.

i bet you would love to have this RED PHONE STYLE Gifted to Burbank first thing............ 🤔

Last edited:
Deleted, wrong info, sorry

Last edited:
1A4D6F0A-DC58-406D-8ABA-FDC54FC8BDE2.jpeg

The 1970 tube.

Last edited:
As the title says: Looking for an original Aisan carburetor for our August 1970 FJ40 to send to @65swb45 for him to rebuild and otherwise work his magic to have as a backup for our current one that Mark did for me a while back. (I'm outright copying what @NYIronPig recently had success in doing).
Thanks.
Bump

Just a street/trail spare, or restoation quality Mark?

Just a street/trail spare, or restoation quality Mark?
Hello Mark! I know that I've been derelict in not calling you. I hope all is well and think that I read recently that your daughter was/is coming to visit. Fantastic.
The carb that you did for me is a thing of beauty and is working flawlessly. I would like to procure another of like quality for you to work your magic on. I assume that is restoration quality. I'm not in any hurry but would simply like to have a backup for if/when I need to send the existing one in to you to have serviced.
Take care my friend.
Mark.

Hello Mark! I know that I've been derelict in not calling you. I hope all is well and think that I read recently that your daughter was/is coming to visit. Fantastic.
The carb that you did for me is a thing of beauty and is working flawlessly. I would like to procure another of like quality for you to work your magic on. I assume that is restoration quality. I'm not in any hurry but would simply like to have a backup for if/when I need to send the existing one in to you to have serviced.
Take care my friend.
Mark.
I can only do so much.

Not that I have a fully rehearsed shpeil for each and every job I do, or remember to tell it to each and every customer (got flamed for that recently) I do try to remind people that time is money, and if they send me something like Jacque Custeau brought it up from the bottom of the ocean, it's going to cost more.

And at least once a year I get a Jacque Custeau core. Usually it's something that's been drop-shipped from a third party seller for someone like yourself or @NYIronPig who has it sent directly to me, and has no idea what it looks like.

Here's the latest:
349C09C1-296C-4CC2-820C-216E49BD65BC.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom