OEM Butterfly/Tuna Can Clamps & Rear Heater Lines (96 FZJ80) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I am in the middle of redoing the engine bay and have ordered literally all new rubbers while I am dressing things up. Thanks to @SNLC for making me jealous and "Inspiring me".

Question #1 I have ordered 8720960381 (Pre attached PHH w/ pipe) and 8720960290 (Passenger side sub Assembly). There are call outs on the parts diagram for Buttery Fly or Tuna Clamps on 5 other places for the heater hoses. Is there a DYI on how to install these or is the thought to skip this unless already pre installed by Toyota. (Already have the clamps but now I just saw I need a special tool?)

Question #2 I have purchased both hard-line sets for the rear heater. Looks like the main set requires either dropping the transmission or cutting the lines separate and individually snaking them in. Is it possible to snake them in without cutting them separate?

@Onur @cruiserdan , sorry to bug you guys in retirement. However I want to keep the 20 year reliably. Thank you Gents.

Tuna clamps were just an easy and cheap method to secure hoses during manufacturing/assembly outside of the vehicle and spring clamps when installed in the engine bay and for connections that may need to be disconnected for repairs. I see no need to install the tuna clamps unless you're doing a concourse restoration.

Breeze constant torque #10. I have many new cotter pin clamps I ordered thinking they were necessary for a "Mr. T approved" refresh but truth constant torque worm clamps make sense in every way in regards to this. Won't make this mistake again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom