OEM Brake Caliper Clarification Needed (Loaded vs. Unloaded) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dissent

Questioning my life choices...
Threads
I'm looking to replace my front and rear calipers with OEM. I've scoured the site with search and determined the following front OEM New and Reman part numbers. (EDIT - Updated P/Ns based on @Onur's feedback. Thanks!)

Caliper Reman Fronts ($60 core)
47730-60060-84 ~$60
47750-60060-84 ~$60

Caliper New Fronts (RECOMMENDED)
47730-60061 ~$150
47750-60061 ~$150

Caliper Reman Rears ($60 core)
47730-60110-84 RT ~$60
47750-60110-84 LT ~$60

Caliper New Rears (RECOMMENDED)
47730-60110 RT ~$153
47750-60110 LT ~$153

From what I've seen on other threads, the Remans do come fully loaded with pistons and seals (less pads and hardware of course). Can anyone validate 100%?

I can't determine if the new ones come fully loaded and do the new ones require a core?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Last edited:
The reman front calipers come with new pistons, seals, and bleeder.
They DO NOT include slide pins, locking spring clip, anti squeal plates, pads, banjo bolts, copper washers.
The missing parts are very inexpensive to purchase new.

Thanks @jonheld, this is very helpful. I do already have all those non-included parts.

If the guts of the reman are all new, what benefit does the NEW caliper offer? Just a new body?

Does anyone have the P/N for the rear remans? @jonheld?

The rear remans only include the piston housing, piston and seal. They do not include the mounting bracket, slide pins, seals, etc.

The rear remans only include the piston housing, piston and seal. They do not include the mounting bracket, slide pins, seals, etc.
Thanks again for the feedback and clarification. I do have all of those non-included parts again.

Last edited:
All the brake part numbers are in this thread:
Never mind, Onur beat me to the punch.

Thanks @Onur. I'll edit the beginning for future search info. Is there any benefit to the new calipers over the reman if the remans have all new guts?

Thanks @Onur. I'll edit the beginning for future search info. Is there any benefit to the new calipers over the reman if the remans have all new guts?

Remans are sheeeeeit. I’ve seen too many s***ty remans from Toyota to recommend them anymore.

I only recommend new OEM. That’s it.

All the brake part numbers are in this thread:
Never mind, Onur beat me to the punch.
Perfect, thank you both. I must have overlooked those rear reman P/Ns. I read through that entire thread today. I was working on a rebuild of my existing calipers and have all the parts but my circumstances and timeline have forced me to get this done ASAP so the new OEM calipers look ideal.

Last edited:
Remans are sheeeeeit. I’ve seen too many s***ty remans from Toyota to recommend them anymore.

I only recommend new OEM. That’s it.
Agreed. Nothing on my truck over the past 8 years is reman, all new OEM Toyota which is why I'm trying to determine Toyota New vs. Reman benefits. I prefer new but I can't tell if they included seals and pistons. Would rather not go remans if new has all the guts.

Do new calipers require a core??

I have a set of new OEM rear calipers still in the box waiting to be installed, they're perfect. As mentioned above, they come bare with just the piston and seal installed, and the shield/protector bolted to the back, but no bracket, brake pads, pins, or springs.

Last edited:
I have a set of new OEM rear calipers still in the box waiting for the rebuild, they're perfect. As mentioned above, they come bare with just the piston and seal installed, and the shield/protector bolted to the back, but no bracket, brake pads, pins, or springs.
Awesome, so new calipers DO come with the piston and seals. That's worth it. Given the 4x pistons alone for the front easily cover the price of just one caliper.

New calipers are definitely a better deal than buying replacement OEM pistons separately.

I'm ordering up a set of 4x rotors and 4x calipers!

I have a set of new OEM rear calipers still in the box waiting to be installed, they're perfect. As mentioned above, they come bare with just the piston and seal installed, and the shield/protector bolted to the back, but no bracket, brake pads, pins, or springs.
What color are the new calipers? I assume they come painted and not just plain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom