OEM Blank Key P/N (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

"Part number 9099900066 was superceded by part number 9099900085"

Japan4X4, do you happen to have the picture of the keys from the Toyota parts Program thingy? :hillbilly:

I've gotten mine recut at a couple different hardware stores. It was something like $3.50 for the blank and cutting. I can't believe toyota would charge less than that?

Well, the purpose of me asking for the Toyota part is that I want the Katakana "Toyota" written on it. :doh: Not a big deal, but I'm into details!

You can barely see it here. (from another thread)

attachment.php

If you go to the dealership with the number from your lock cylinder, (found on the passenger side front door lock cylinder) they can cut your key from factory spec rather than from your worn out original. Cost me $5 in Vancouver at Granville toyota. I would imagine the American dealers can do it too...

I'm not trying to get a key "cut." I'm trying to get an OEM blank key. Thanks! :cheers:

About a year ago the dealer was able to order me an OEM blank, with the black rubber head that was stock in 1987 for my fj60. I don't think the older FJ60's had the black rubber head.

Zack

Our local dealer gave me a new key when I provided them with the original key tag. My 84 FJ60 came with a rubberized and two regular plated brass keys when new. I tried to order a rubberized key for the FJ60 but they are no longer available from Toyota.

Our local dealer gave me a new key when I provided them with the original key tag. My 84 FJ60 came with a rubberized and two regular plated brass keys when new. I tried to order a rubberized key for the FJ60 but they are no longer available from Toyota.

Thats odd, because I was able to get it a year ago.

Zack

bump key

Bump keys are like a "generic" key made a certain way where theives and locksmiths can literally "bump" the key once in the keyhole and get the lock to open.

Our local TV news did a whole story on it...Jeesh..."Hey, Bad guys! here's how you do it!"

just kiddin :D

but 80's vintage Toyota's only have 30 or so different key cuts.......thats why they are easy to steal

I don't get it :doh::confused::eek::crybaby::doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom