OEM accessories (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I found the airpurefier on auctions.yahoo.co.jp Do you know if it is really make any difference in terms of air quality? Also have you seen personally OEM GPS system in 80's? I have seen diagram and part numbers in Toyota EPC, but couldn't find even a picture of it.

This is quite interesting. I find it strange that there has been no pictures surface of the OEM GPS, no comment from someone that has it fitted to their vehicle. It appears that it was only available in the Australian market from 9208-9608. Could it be that no one (or very few) chose the option?

[URL="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/dmai76/GPS_EPC1.jpg"] [/URL]

Note the Navigation System top left that only shows up in the General Area market.

[URL="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/dmai76/GPS_EPC2.jpg"] [/URL]

The various components.

[URL="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/dmai76/GPS_EPC3.jpg"] [/URL]

Part numbers for the above.

[URL="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/dmai76/GPS_EPC4.jpg"] [/URL]

Diagram showing the overhead gauges.

[URL="http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/dmai76/GPS_EPC5.jpg"] [/URL]

Part numbers for the three different overhead gauges (accessory meter).

I think by navigation they mean compass because i have never seen a factory gps in the 80

I would disagree, as these components directly indicate GPS with a receiver unit. Last time I checked, I didn't need a receiver to get Earth's magnetic field for a compass read.

LCHardriver_02 said:
I would disagree, as these components directly indicate GPS with a receiver unit. Last time I checked, I didn't need a receiver to get Earth's magnetic field for a compass read.

Wow I wonder how change they wanted for that option? Would be nice to have. 2x on the reciever for the compass. It showed 3 parts (reciever, cord, and unit in the L quater panel.

Wow I wonder how change they wanted for that option? Would be nice to have. 2x on the reciever for the compass. It showed 3 parts (reciever, cord, and unit in the L quater panel.

As cool as it is there's no way I'd want a 20 year old gps system in my truck.

So I will be in Europe for a month if all goes well. If I can come up with rear AC, retractable mirrors, headlight washers, and the fridge box how hard would the retrofit be ? Anyone with info please post up.

Rear AC and fridge box I think would be hard. LOTS of parts.

The rest should be fairly straight forward.

If anyone has a lead on a oem extinguisher hold let me know, I would love to find one

At least I have some of the previously mentioned toys on my rig :D

Passenger Grab Handle (non-SRS model). OEM fire extinguisher is also located where the current extinguisher is (OEM was past its use-by date already):
P1010952.jpg

Manual locking hubs:
P1010963.jpg

Rear cargo lamp:
P1010961.jpg

Swing out tire carrier:
P1010960.jpg

Rear pintle hook:
P1010959.jpg

packetstormin said:
So I will be in Europe for a month if all goes well. If I can come up with rear AC, retractable mirrors, headlight washers, and the fridge box how hard would the retrofit be ? Anyone with info please post up.

Everything is bolt on if you grab all the parts. The rear a/c you will need the R quater panel, and everything behind/above. The wiring as well.
The cooler you will need the a/c lines, wires, and box. All bolt on parts. No mods what so ever. Just alot of jems to bring home. Good luck!

Akella said:
Some Eastern European countries consider 80/100 with this seatings as a bus and you need special license for bus category, but it was cheaper to import them as they were commercial units and not luxury SUV:steer:

I wonder how is it for us USA people. If we needed that endosement, I'm covered. I drove The Bus in Oahu,Hi. Man I really would want the seats for my ohana.

Everything is bolt on if you grab all the parts. The rear a/c you will need the R quater panel, and everything behind/above. The wiring as well.
The cooler you will need the a/c lines, wires, and box. All bolt on parts. No mods what so ever. Just alot of jems to bring home. Good luck!

Retract mirrors will not work since they are for RHD ONLY. They never made LHD retractable mirrors.

I went down this road a few years ago, when I installed the RHD mirrors on my LHD 80 and the angle for them is ALL WRONG. I will be having the mounts modeled using LHD angles and have them made shortly.

No footwell lights. There is another thread I saw where this was discussed. Apparently some of the 80 series marketing literature mentioned footwell lights, but the conclusion in the other thread was that this was referring to the lights on the doors.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

No footwell lights. There is another thread I saw where this was discussed. Apparently some of the 80 series marketing literature mentioned footwell lights, but the conclusion in the other thread was that this was referring to the lights on the doors.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Thanks. I guess I will be visiting the wreckers and adding my own then! :D

Question: Do any of your guy's trucks have courtesy lights for the footwells? Mine doesn't, but I am wondering if maybe the newer (eg. 1997) models do.

Added my own footwell lighting using a single contact socket and bulb (like the rear turn signals and reverse lamp).

Can be upgraded to LED if needed.

Sorry, no leads here on the OEM fire extinguisher...

***Btw, I did notice that my unit also has a reclining second row bench***

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom