OEM 4X4 Emblem on the FJ45 LPB (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cppilot

1965 FJ45 LPB original second owner
SILVER Star
Threads
image.jpeg
OK, I've got this original never used 4X4 emblem for the tailgate that I would like to have reproduced. The aftermarket one out there currently is good but not anything like the original.

As most of us know, these were aluminum type material and a little thicker than the reproductions out there. The color of the red letters is also a little darker on the original...

Anyone have any ideas of where or who could reproduce these for our members?

Thanks
Mark

If I can get this done, I'll have enough for everyone. At this point I'm trying to find a place to get it done. I really don't just want a another Mylar sticker. I would prefer a metal type material like the original.

Thanks for the responses.

I reckon Racer 65 is your man.

All good ideas, I'll check on all of them. I have got a few places in Portland that I will check next week.

This decal appears to be a light weight metal, has a peal and stick back and is somewhat playable. Anyone with any other thoughts on where we can get this done is appreciated.

Dom, I could send this to you so you could check with Pat if you like. I know you are busy though.

I'd take one assuming I get a tailgate and my bed rebuilt and these were on '63 FJ45 SWB fix tops...

Oh, and how does one go about getting a copy of the FJ45P-B Parts Catalog?

(legally that is:rolleyes:)

Middlecalf, your beautiful 63 SWB would not have had this sticker. It was only on the 65-67 FJ45 LPB.

The sticker your 63 SWB would have had is the one below. "I believe"

I have that sticker, Its yours if you want it. It's a copy of the original done by someone here on Mud. "Shoot me a pm" with your address and I'll send it to you.

I no longer have my 63 SWB.

I have several parts catalogs if you need help with any part numbers or photos for a reference just let me know.

However this is the sticker that your truck would have had on the rear sill.

Here is the sticker I have for you, Merry Christmas!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Here's a photo of your sticker and placement.

All good ideas, I'll check on all of them. I have got a few places in Portland that I will check next week.

This decal appears to be a light weight metal, has a peal and stick back and is somewhat playable. Anyone with any other thoughts on where we can get this done is appreciated.

Dom, I could send this to you so you could check with Pat if you like. I know you are busy though.

Mark

As I'm sorting thru a 27 year accumulation of 'stuff' in my office, I've come across a number of dash plaques printed on brushed aluminum surface that seem like a no-brainer. Yeah, I'd have to pull my NOS tag out of the vault to check, but off the top of my head, it seems like anyone that handles dash plaques could do this.

Thanks Mark, I've been talking to Roger and I think he's willing to take it on.

CP,

Just a suggestion: since the original stickers seemed to have the bright red fade to pink over time, something more substantial and relatively fade-resistant would be appreciated. I would think that paint or powdercoat for the numbering would be longer-lasting than just ink. Maybe with a UV-resistant clear-coat? Perhaps a silk-screen company that does outdoor painted real estate signs. I know.....not totally original--but perhaps better quality.

Made my own more than ten years ago ( have one in reserve too :) )
Doesn`t fade out. Made at a self-adhesive foil (by a foil print shop)

Cheers Peter
350-13-bignisxx.jpg

dsc01492-0017bk3h.jpg

Truck pic date: 08.2016

Last edited:
Thanks Mark. Very gracious offer. PM sent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom