OEM 2F Pistons (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Figured it out..
:)

Rings.JPG

I have a little well..........big dilemma.
OEM 1.00 OS pistons, Bore finished to .0015-.0017 clearance measured at FSM recommended location.
I install a few top comp. rings in the bore to check the end gap. Per FSM top compression ring EG range is .008-.013, I get .020-.021 on the Sealed power set.
Not being happy with the big EG, I order a set of Hastings rings, I get .021 with them mid bore and square. WTF :bang: I called the tech line at Sealed Power, He simply regurgitated the EG spec I new but the high end of his range is .016.
I will double check the net bore diameter, not much you can do but set P-C clearance. Bore SB 3.7401.

Considering the EG tracks bore diameter by a factor of 3-1 I would have to be .0035 over the nominal bore to have the EG be so far over the middle of the published EG range.

Any thoughts or experiences with your ring EG's?

Last edited:
Thank you for the recommendation.
Have you had this issue on 2F AM rings?

I do have a ring grinder and use it regularly on my engine builds. Non of them are factory builds and all require more than OEM compression ring EG's.

No issue. EGs are wider than spec, but stupid 2F doesn't care.

There is laboratory evidence that high revving race engines or boosted engine will make slightly more peak power with EGs set to minimum. Doesn't seem to matter at 1800RPM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom