Odyssey batteries (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I run oddyseys batteries, find them awsome, couldnt get the damn optima's to last out of warranty, so swapped, have tried alot of batteries in my time, and the Oddysey impresses me most.

Only thing I could knock, is the battery carrier you need to booty fab to hold a 26kg [x2.2 =lb] in its place.

Back when they were called Black Panther Predators I had three in my rig. I bought them from Premier Power Welder people. THEY ALL DIED relatively quickly! This was NOT operator error, or installation error. They were BAD BATTERIES and I got s*** back in any kind of warrenty or help from anybody!

They changed the name when Oddysey bought them. Same s***.

500.00 dollars in batteries gone in less than on year.

Dont like them!

TB

Use them on our boats and two work trucks. NO ISSUES. We have drained two of them with the equipment and still take a full charge. The boats peripherals have no issues. Our trolling motors are also stronger pulling than with the BLUE tops.

I have one and just 30 seconds ago ordered a 2nd, 1200MJT.

pic of a 1200 next to a Optima, these things are small.

as I havn't had it for long I can;'t comment on how they last, but seem built very well and the specs are impressive, has to be better than an Optima(YT) :mad:

best prices I have found are
http://www.batteryweb.com/odyssey.cfm
they are in Florida but my battery was shiped from Arizona

1200MJT shiped to my door for $167.50

Just today I modified(lenghten and widen a bit, made a hold down) the stock fj40 battery tray to hold 2x1200MJT's, it was was 1st welding project(only had welder almost a year) and it came out very well.......considering ::)

John H

Looks like youve had land rovers in the drive in that pic John......... :slap:

[quote author=the shed guy link=board=1;threadid=5478;start=msg43432#msg43432 date=1064146743]
Looks like youve had land rovers in the drive in that pic John......... :slap:
[/quote]

took me a while to figure out what you were getting at........yes it was a Rover that left the oil drips ;)

actaully in the last month I have replaced the oil pan gasket, rear mains, clutchs ect on the 2 Cruisiers that had a few leaks..........all leak free now :)

It looks as though the Odyssey batteries are small enough that I might get two to fit side by side in teh stock battery try in my FJ60. Is this possble?

Mike S

[quote author=Mike S link=board=1;threadid=5478;start=msg43475#msg43475 date=1064169370]
It looks as though the Odyssey batteries are small enough that I might get two to fit side by side in teh stock battery try in my FJ60. Is this possble?

Mike S
[/quote]

Two PC 1200 won't, maybe the smaller one will. ??? BTW, I have one PC 1200 for about 6 months, no issues so fare.

Buy 1 or 2 Everstart Maxx 65N batteries from Walmart. Why - Built by Johnson Controls, 850cca, excellent ratings, 3 year free replacement and 9 year limited/prorated in anytown USA 7 days a week, $58 a pop. Do not buy the Maxx 65S, or the larger Maxx 1N (the 950+ cca looks appealing), they do not rate nearly as well.

[quote author=Overlord link=board=1;threadid=5478;start=msg44081#msg44081 date=1064329628]
Two PC 1200 won't, maybe the smaller one will. ??? BTW, I have one PC 1200 for about 6 months, no issues so fare.
[/quote]

should be able to run a 1200 and a 625 in the stock tray or "maybe" modify the stock tray to fit 2x 1200, I just had to make mine(fj40) a tad longer and a tad wider, not sure if the 62 has the room around the tray to do this however........get the tape measure out.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom