For Sale Odometer Inconsistencies (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Odo errors are a typo. If you look at the mileage either side of them it’s completely aligned with what would be expected. People don’t roll back the odo and then increase it back up. Nothing to worry about.

I'd be more concerned with the NY ownership history than the mileage irregularities.

Apols for ignorant question: NY ownership is a concern because of salting the roads in winter?

thanks.
I will attach a copy of my answer, given in PM, to that very question

The weather would be the bulk of my concern, probably around 80 percent. The other 20 percent would be my anecdotal observation that a lot of new york vehicle use is pretty harsh. A lot of stop and go thrashing and questionable owner commitments to taking care of vehicles. My brother has lived around manhattan and Long Island for the last 20 years. A lot of the cars I have seen with him have been ridden hard and hung out wet as the saying goes. I wouldn't exclude a NY or NJ vehicle from my search but it would have to be a pretty spectacular deal for me t think about picking one up. And it would definitely need to have an impeccable service record and thorough undercarriage inspection. Just my 0.02 cents, good luck in the search

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom