Ode to the 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well done as usual, sir.....

Thanks - changed it to the I-90. Thanks, Ambien!....heh.

One of the interesting parts of the trip was the departure. We all stayed in one massive condo, and 3 families left the same morning. You know how it is with road trip luggage, right? You pack stuff carefully and compactly at home, but repacking to drive back things are a bit more casual and seem to grow with the stuff you bought. The night before, I packed the car except for our overnight stuff and then offered to help the other two Dads. One with the aforementioned Acura MDX, the other with a new Odyssey.

I was able to pack a larger quantity in the 80 and keep it below the rear hatch glass for good rear visibility owing to the 80s cargo area's efficient squarish shape and the Cruiser sat near level. The Acura Dad could not see out the rear and he had stuff in the middle row between his two kids and the vehicle squatted noticeably. I watched as the rear suspension wallowed over the miles and the ride had clearly deteriorated. The Odyssey Dad had no view out the rear either, though they had one third row seat opened so his wife could nurse their baby. The minivan also squatted.

So the Cruiser's heritage seemed to come through as a beast of burden. Without putting any air into the rear springs it rode and handled quite close to normal and I could see as normal. Ho hum - just another day of hauling stuff for my owner....

DougM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom