Odd valve spring retainer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Robert,

Its pretty much catch-as-catch can on the F135s these days. As you noted, there were both 1 and 2 groove valves/keepers on these early heads. And stem seals? Whole nother ball of confusion.

The last NOS engine set I had from Mr. T had O rings for valve stem seals. And I’ve seen a LOT of different seals come off these heads over the years. One set I got from the dealer looked like faucet washers!

As @Splangy would say, ‘if it ain’t broke...
Well, I just want to find a seal that's like the others. It has a tight fit on both the valve guide and the valve stem.

Robert,

Its pretty much catch-as-catch can on the F135s these days. As you noted, there were both 1 and 2 groove valves/keepers on these early heads. And stem seals? Whole nother ball of confusion.

The last NOS engine set I had from Mr. T had O rings for valve stem seals. And I’ve seen a LOT of different seals come off these heads over the years. One set I got from the dealer looked like faucet washers!

As @Splangy would say, ‘if it ain’t broke...
I used a set of OEM faucet washers in my 1962 40. That engine also had little rubber caps that went over just the intake valve springs IIRC. Seems to work and not burn any oil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom