odd noise when hitting brakes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
had battery/alternator troubles. installed the battery without my airfilter on after it had sat for 2 weeks or more. cranked it up everything was fine, except the engine sounded odd(expected) and my brake lights werent working gave them a few good pumps and still nothing but i noticed that it sounded like i was squeezing a dog's chew toy like there was air being forced out. its dark now and im about to eat dinner so i havnt had a chance to check it out, any idea was to where i should begin looking or any obvious clues? thanks.

might be a bad booster(folow the booster check in the FSM) or maybe the vacumme line got knocked off to the booster or maybe it just the noise from the rubber bellows on the firewall.

in my experence a bad booster will not have a soft pedal that goes to the floor, it will have a VERY hard pedal.

awesome, talking to my father earlier, he knows alot more about cars then i do and he mentioned that i wasnt driving the car was in first, parked after sitting for 2-3 weeks so he mentioned my calipers could be not grabbing because it realizes it doesnt need to grab and the air is just being forced out, ill look into it more and call up my local tech guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom