Odd Coolant Leaks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

Started having odd coolant leaks over the past couple weeks.

1: from where the radiator overflow hose attaches to the radiator. It looks like it's sprayed all over the place when I open the hood. I tried replacing the radiator cap, and using a hose clamp, but it still seems to be getting out somehow. My car isn't overheating so I think the coolant is still mostly getting sucked into the radiator. No visible issues with the hose. Perhaps the clamp is too tight? I had the issue with the oem hose clamp as well.

2: Leaks (sort of intermittently) from the middle-ish area of the chassis. I wasn't aware of any coolant lines going that far back, But I am still relatively new to fj62 ownership.

Both Of these leaks have me quite baffled (especially the 1st one!) I will plan on replacing the overflow hose today to see if that does anything, but would love some extra insight.

Thanks!

1. Remove the overflow tube and cap from the overflow bottle and blow through it to make sure it’s not clogged somehow. If there’s not good flow to the overflow it may be back pressuring and spewing out at the rad cap connection.

2. The 62 has a rear heater under the center console, look under your truck mid chassis, theres two horseshoe shaped hoses feeding hot coolant to that heater. They can leak.

New overflow hose (at a slightly smaller diameter) fixed that leak there. haven't checked out the rear heater hoses yet, but I'll bet what you suggested is the issue.

thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom