Odd 13BT coolant leak assistance? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
G'day, got a odd coolant leak on my 13BT which I am unsure of where it is coming from, first pic is of the puddle on the ground and the second of the drip rail around the sump, which is the only place I can see wet coolant. I have pressure tested both cooling systems and they hold pressure.

I have spotted this leak twice now, only after the car has been sitting for some time, ie its been sitting over a month now and just noticed the leak yesterday. Same the previous time, sitting for a extended time when I noticed the leak. Any ideas? Nothing on the bash plate under the radiator and the coolant hoses are tight and no evidence of leaks, I have also tightened the water pump bolts, were not loose. Is there something behind the timing case or pump which could leak? Everything looks dry above the drip rail.

Nothing behind the timing case that would leak just the pump and thermostat housing gasket? Could leak and flow down the side of the cover. Could it be a leak from the back of the engine running forward? Here are a couple of pics of mine out of the truck for reference.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1414641215.760750.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1414641239.325387.jpg

Grab a good narrow beam torch and navigate to get a good look at the bottom / beneath the water pump where it sits in that valley posterior to the timing cover, that's where I discovered mine was leaking, mine had a a little pool of coolant sitting there, Due to water gasket leaking, Good luck!!

Good advice! Went out last nigh with my mag light and found it! Water pump gasket, seems to only leak when cold, its a after market pump and gasket about 1.5 years ago. Ordered a genuine toyota gasket, $27 will have it next week, s*** job to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom