October ROTM - Casner Trail & Camping (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pics from the Casner Trail

IMG_20161015_130656218.jpg

IMG_20161015_135427465.jpg

Author: @brices123

Date: October 14-16, 2016

Destination: Coconino Forest, "End of the World" camp site, FS 9011R, via Casner Mountain trail

Trip Leader: @Pitch (via proxy)

Attendees: 10 trucks did the run, 16 trucks made it for camping.

Run: @Saddletramp (with @hADAMonkeyonce ), @murf (with @Mattman & Emily), @LandCruiserPhil l (with @Cruddz ), @ftbshop , @Chrismanjs (with @Pitch ), @Funner, @LongDuck, @Abigail (& Chance), @Nifski, @Clunky

Campers: @Saddletramp, @murf, @LandCruiserPhil, @ftbshop, @Chrismanjs, @Pitch, @Funner, @LongDuck, @Abigail , @brices123, @aztlctina, @Mattman, @Cruddz, @jclarke450, @hADAMonkeyonce, @yjeff

There was a total of 27 people, and five dogs who camped at least one night.

Trucks in attendance:

One 45 – white, one 60 – white, one 4Runner (3rd gen) – black, one 4Runner (5th gen) – white, five 80’s – white, one 80 – maroon, one 80 – Moon Beam, one Lexus 470 – gray, one 100 – gold, one 100 – Silver Cloud, two 200’s - white

Trail Rating: I would say the trail is stocker friendly. I ran it in 2015 with a stock 100 pulling at 1,500-pound trailer.

I arrived early Friday morning to secure the camping sport. @murf and @LandCruiserPhil showed up in the afternoon after they drove through Sedona and then took a “scenic” route around the detour. @aztlctina, showed up in the early afternoon with three of our four girls and one dog. @Saddletramp, @Cruddz, @Chrismanjs, @hADAMonkeyonce arrived around 7:30 to camp, and @Mattman and his daughter (Emily) showed up about 10:45PM.

On Saturday, most people left camp around 7:15 to go meet up with the rest of the group at the Sedona Safeway. @aztlctina took the kids and dog home around noon, while I explored the various Forest Service roads on top of the rim. I discovered a “creepy cabin” and some other great camping spots for future years. @Pitch wife had already set up their camp site for them, and the Clarke family @jclarke450 & @Cruzrmama arrived with Taylor and Mekenna to set up camp. The group that went on the run, minus @Nifski and @Clunky who went home, arrived back at camp around 3:00. @LandCruiserPhil and @Funner did some further exploring and went to the fire lookout tower above the Casner trail.

We had a great pot luck dinner thanks mostly to @hADAMonkeyonce, who grilled tons of chicken and carne asada for street tacos. @Abigail made cobbler, but it must have been so good, she kept it all to herself.

@yjeff and Monica arrived after dinner for a night of camping.

Lots of talk around the campfire, thank you to @Abigail for getting it going! The tequila and FireBall were passed around, as were Linda’s very yummy pumpkin scones. @Chrismanjs broke out the ice cream, and I passed around cookies that @aztlctina had made. I played DJ for an hour or so, but turned in after I “Rickrolled” everyone with Rick Astley’s “Never Gonna Give You Up”.

On Sunday, some people left early to get home, while most of us left camp around 10:30. One group headed straight back to the Valley, while others stayed up on the Rim and explored more Forest Service roads. They made a trip to the “creepy cabin”, which I am sure was not as creepy as I made it sound.

I had a great time, and hope others did as well. Thank you to everyone who helped me out with this run, especially @Pitch.

P.S We had two dead batteries (both of which were brought back to life) and two lost sets of keys (both of which were found in their correct places!)

Last edited:
Great pictures and write up !!!! Sounds like everyone had a great time!!!!!!

@Pitch set a new bar for narrating on a trip and got to ride in @Chrismanjs plush 100 while Tanya set up the camp site for team Pitch.

Brice, thanks for a scenic camping run with perfect weather. Adam thanks for a tasty street taco potluck. To all of you, thanks for making the trips fun, everyone had a great time.

Good times! Like there's any other kind with CSCers :D
Thanks for the planning/organizing, @brices123 ! We love that spot.
@hADAMonkeyonce , dinner was a hit with my family. Taylor said, "My taco sandwich is the perfect combination of meat, onions, salsa, and cilantro. So good! Can I get more?":clap: (yes, he made a taco sandwich )
@Saddletramp , Makenna is still entertaining herself with Wooly Willy. Thanks! And now I have to brush up on my Jacks skills.

Our postman @Pitch was missing his two guards @verruckt1 and @1Louder.. Can't wait to see the new trailer congrats on selling your other trailer to make room.

We also didn't have our captain to go plunder and pillage the FJ site.

Next time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom