October ROTM - Casner Trail & Camping (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

More climbing and camp goodbye
IMG_2026.JPG
IMG_2042.JPG
IMG_2054.JPG

One mishap, I rolled my trailer but luck was on my side and she landed on her wheels. Driver error trying to avoid oncoming traffic and got too far over on the shoulder and caught a rock. Time for a new cover and some metal bending to get things back right.
IMG_2007.JPG
IMG_2009.JPG
IMG_2011.JPG
IMG_2052.JPG
IMG_2053.JPG

@crawlAZ brought his family and his buddy Troy with his family. Four young girls who camped and got dirty and all asking when we are going again.

One mishap, I rolled my trailer but luck was on my side and she landed on her wheels. Driver error trying to avoid oncoming traffic and got too far over on the shoulder and caught a rock. Time for a new cover and some metal bending to get things back right.

Glad it wasn't more serious.

What was the trailer tires air downed to? I remember this spring your trailer bounced around quite a bit. Maybe time for fewer ply sidewalls to gain for better flex. These trailers seem to have stiff suspension and bounce around off-road. After I aired down my M416 on the trip this spring I forgot to air it back. Towed it back to valley that way. Running tubes on the NDT military tires could probably air it down a lot more off-road. If your not running tubes might be something to try.

As for the run how was weather? We're the leaves turning colors? I didn't check but think Friday may have been the start of the fall turkey season which cloud explain the unattended camp fire. There was a couple of wind fires north of Wood Canyon Lake lately. Just wish the forest service had the manpower and funds to go after these people.

I was running 6# of pressure. Lost a bead on one tire, filled the other with dirt and cinders.

Weather wise it was perfect, leaves were turning and everything was a bit dry, Pitch said it had been three weeks since rain.

Lots of hunting camps, saw elk, deer and turkey.

Glad it wasn't more serious.
Oh geez. I agree glad it wasn' t more serious. @steve, Let me know if you need any parts because I have that partial venturcraft tent.

Special thanks to @Pitch who stopped to put out an abandoned campfire fully burning away, the stupidity of people who think it is ok to leave a burning campfire leaves me dumbfounded and angry.

That why you should NEVER pour out any water you are carrying until you are back in your driveway at home! I have had to do the same thing on several occasions. Sorry we couldn't join you. House drama continues... We will be at Haigler Creek Campground this weekend with the dogs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom