October ROTM - Casner Trail & Camping (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Eric, there will be a few of us up there already. Alvis and Abigail are probably heading up in the afternoon. @Abigail or @Cruddz can you post up you depart time and possibly caravan with @crawlAZ if your schedules permit?

Weather is going to be perfect.

Eric, there will be a few of us up there already. Alvis and Abigail are probably heading up in the afternoon. @Abigail or @Cruddz can you post up you depart time and possibly caravan with @crawlAZ if your schedules permit?

Weather is going to be perfect.

@Dimples and I are aiming to leave around 3pm if he can get out of work early (hoping to arrive there before dark), but it may not be until 4pm. Anyone is welcome to join us and probably get lost, as my offline maps didn't work last time, hoping my memory maps are more reliable. PM me if interested. (Don't worry, we won't actually get too lost)

Last edited:
@Dimples and I are aiming to leave around 3pm if he can get out of work early (hoping to arrive there before dark), but it may not be until 4pm. Anyone is welcome to join us and probably get lost, as my offline maps didn't work last time, hoping my memory maps are more reliable. PM me if interested. (Don't worry, we won't actually get too lost)

I am never lost, I am just on a new adventure.

I'll aim to meet up with you guys, so will leave Tucson around 1:30-2pm.

Friday caravan is meeting at the Chevron east off Carefree Hwy around 2:30pm.

So far I think we'll have @Dimples, @D_Web, @crawlAZ, and me. Anyone else planning to tag along please PM me your number.

I am probably in for Friday night only. I'll see some of you tonight. (@Saddletramp, Living inthepast, Rudster, FtbShop) Anyone need Jack in the Box tacos?

I am very sorry but I have to cancel do to working tomorrow, I hope someone will take the spot! Have a great time.

Russ

I am probably in for Friday night only. I'll see some of you tonight. (@Saddletramp, Living inthepast, Rudster, FtbShop) Anyone need Jack in the Box tacos?

Thanks Eric but I'm good. Jack-in-the-Box less than a mile away here in valley. So glad I'm here to enjoy the mid nineties days. I think of all the firewood I'm saving by not having a morning fire in the stove for overnight thirties.:( Originally planned on heading over to camp for a few days but wasn't meant to be. Doctor's appointment next week and will find out if my wife can go back up the 7,000' (seriously doubt it) or if I'll be making a another day trip picking up more stuff. Have a great time and those from the valley enjoy the cool weather.

We have 4x trucks out front of Safeway, any ETA on the stragglers?

We had a great trail today with spectacular views! Thanks to @brices123 for organizing this and thanks to @Saddletramp for stepping in as trail leader. Great to meet everybody today!

DSC_8796.jpg

DSC_8609.jpg

DSC_8681.jpg

DSC_8749.jpg

DSC_8747.JPG

Well it appears that I'm not going to make the camping portion of this ROTM. The kid decided to find a date for Homecoming and apparently, taking pics of him and his date for about 30 min before they split are more important than living homeless in the woods for a day or two.. smh...
Ha

We had a total of 7 trucks on the run, including our lone diesel 80. In all a great time.
The leader took a few wrong turns but we ended up where we were supposed to, the camping crew was great as always plus @ftbshop and @Pitch stopped in to check on the crew.

Special thanks to @Pitch who stopped to put out an abandoned campfire fully burning away, the stupidity of people who think it is ok to leave a burning campfire leaves me dumbfounded and angry.
IMG_2014.JPG
IMG_2015.JPG
IMG_2016.JPG
IMG_2017.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom