October ROTM 2014 - Mexico Beach Run 10/17 - 10/19/2014 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
When: October 17 – 19
Where: Beach between Rocky Point and Elgolfo
Meeting: At the Lukeville border crossing
Departing: 8AM Oct 18
Scope:
Cross the Lukeville boarder crossing 8AM

Drive ~60 miles south to Circle K outside of Rocky Point for EVERYONE to gas up. This will be the LAST place to get anything. From this point on you need to be 100% self sufficient. We will drive ~40miles west on the costal hwy then 2 miles of dirt and we reach the beach.

From here we have ~45 miles of uninhabited beach to do as we please.

Find our spot in paradise and set camp.

Sunday is a day of more exploring on the beach as we work our way back to the border.

Plan on returning to the Phoenix area around 7PM Sunday evening.

There could be an option to spend more time if you are interested. Post your interest.

Couple of myths answered –

Everywhere where we will be traveling takes the US dollar

No problem getting and running Mexican gas. Best to pay with credit card for the lowest price

Will I be killed –
Your chances are MUCH better here in the city

Will they take my Land Cruiser –
YES If you don’t have insurance
YES If you bring guns
YES If you bring Ammo
YES If you have drugs Mexico does not recognize your medical Marijuana card

Will I go to jail –
YES If you don’t have insurance
YES If you bring guns
YES If you bring Ammo
YES If you have drugs Mexico does not recognize your medical Marijuana card

Will they keep my dog if I bring it -
Yes if you do not have paper showing vaccine papers.

Some picture
The scary border crossing
IMG_4349.JPG

Sonoyta 5 miles south of the border
IMG_4354.JPG

50 miles of this

IMG_4360.JPG

IMG_4356.JPG

Next stop

IMG_4362.JPG

I am in - do you have the info for the insurance?

Insurance is mandatory - If you like your Land Cruiser and want to stay out of jail

I only carry liability. I will not go into details here but if you want to know the why, call me.

Mexico Trip Insurance Center
Ajo, AZ

I have use them for years very easy to work with
Everything can be done on the phone very quickly.
Can be done the day before you leave.
You need a policy IN HAND prior to leaving.

Looks awesome. Pencil me in as a maybe... 100 may get dirty for a change...

In.

Fyi, I searched around for insurance options. Several places give quotes online, including the one recommended by Phil.

Www.mexins.com (used by Phil)

Costco has a discount for insurance based on your membership level. Just go through the Costco website, to services page, and mexico auto insurance link.

USAA recommends Bravo insurance, which gives a discount for USAA members www.bravoinsurance.biz

The Costco company was the cheapest for me. Two days for my truck was about $25.

Sorry no links, I'm on my phone.

Fyi, I searched around for insurance options. Several places give quotes online, including the one recommended by Phil.

Www.mexins.com (used by Phil)

Costco has a discount for insurance based on your membership level. Just go through the Costco website, to services page, and mexico auto insurance link.

USAA recommends Bravo insurance, which gives a discount for USAA members www.bravoinsurance.biz

The Costco company was the cheapest for me. Two days for my truck was about $25.

Sorry no links, I'm on my phone.

Thanks Otter looks like going through Costco will save us some on our annual policy also. Costco link uses the same carrier MAPFRE I have used in the past but at a savings.:clap:

It is a BLAST - felt supercomfortable everywhere we went.

Looks like fun! I've only been to Mexico once with Conserventures but not to the beach. How much is insurance? Might be in for this one.

I will work my way down to the border Friday afternoon (recommended). I will spend the night at Organ Pipe Cactus National Park Camp ground to be well rested for the weekend festivities. :steer::beer::popcorn: If others plan the same we can get a group camp site area to save a couple dollars. The NPS camp ground offers shower and bathroom and is 5 miles from the border.

Last edited:
I'm in for driving down Friday. I'd rather caravan and start fresh Saturday.

Holy sh*thouse that looks fun! Does anyone bring their kids to this? My boys will be on spring break. Twin 11 year olds and a 14 year old. I'd leave the 5 year old with the wife.

Let me know what you think.

Also- I'd be interested in going one day earlier to make it a long(er) weekend.

Holy sh*thouse that looks fun! Does anyone bring their kids to this? My boys will be on spring break. Twin 11 year olds and a 14 year old. I'd leave the 5 year old with the wife.

Let me know what you think.

Also- I'd be interested in going one day earlier to make it a long(er) weekend.

Spring break in October? Do you have the right dates, Jeff? FYI, I won't be taking my son on this trip because I plan on being irresponsible.... to a degree.

If you are one of those guys that gets ~8MPG consider bringing gas. Murf and I did a lot of driving and Murf put 24.9 gals in his 80 at the first available gas station.:eek:

Also if you guys want a fire bring wood. Even though some may think its gay Duraflame or the likes are great for a beach fire with instant lite, no maintenance, no smell, and a ~4 hour burn time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom