Events/Trails October 2020 Club Run through El Dorado Canyon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tony_Farson

Club President, Battle Born Cruisers
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
battleborncruisers.com
What: Day Run
When: Saturday October 10, 2020 @9AM
Trailboss: @Krusty Krab (?)
Where: El Dorado Canyon, Lyon County NV
Meet Up: Sinclair Gas Station, 35 Dayton Valley Rd, Dayton, NV 89403
Travel Times: 4-5 hours
What to Bring: Water, snacks, lunch, chairs, recovery gear, HAM radio.

Details
This is moderate run with lots of rock gardens, a few off-camber situations, and expect axle/body rubbin if you don't have 33-inch tires or better and of course pinstripes. There was some trail erosion last time we went through that made things a little more challenging.

1600579943166.png

Shoot. Hope you get lots done.

We are going to try to get the rest of the patch panels installed on Saturday. My long range tanks are at Valley Hybrids so I am picking them up on Tuesday so we will do some test fitting of those too. I'd like to get the rest of the unwanted holes patched in the firewall, dash, and floors too.

We will miss the the old Bronc.

Now you're just tellin lies! :rofl: I don't even miss the Bronco right now... Pulling it off Hunter Lake finished off the already failing steering and I did not like how it felt on Jumbo the other day. So it is done until I can get the steering column, shaft, and tie rods replaced. None of that will happen until the 40 is back together and on its way to finished.

Should be a nice Autumn Run. All who have stock vehicles should know this is very doable in your rig. We would just take the bypasses and spot you through the tough areas. We will be taking our time and enjoying a beautiful sunny Nevada day. Many stock rigs have been through this.

Should be a nice Autumn Run. All who have stock vehicles should know this is very doable in your rig. We would just take the bypasses and spot you through the tough areas. We will be taking our time and enjoying a beautiful sunny Nevada day. Many stock rigs have been through this.

This was the last run my Bronco was on with stock wheels and tires. It was a fairly miserable experience about halfway through the trip in stock form. I am bummed I can't get the Bronco out there for this one. I'd like to see how it feels on the bigger tires compared to the first time I went through running stock.

Hi, I would like to meet up for this trail. It would be my young kids and myself. We could bring our 62 series if you think ill be fine on 31's with a rear locker and ome lift. I have plenty of armor. If ground clearance is an issue we could bring the sequoia but it doesn't have lockers or isn't nearly as cool as the cruiser.
Either way it would be great to meet up with other like minded folks.

Hi, I would like to meet up for this trail. It would be my young kids and myself. We could bring our 62 series if you think ill be fine on 31's with a rear locker and ome lift. I have plenty of armor. If ground clearance is an issue we could bring the sequoia but it doesn't have lockers or isn't nearly as cool as the cruiser.
Either way it would be great to meet up with other like minded folks.

You are welcome for sure. I did it on 33s and it was alright. Some bumping and scraping. 33 or 35 inch would be better, but either will be fine. @Krusty Krab will be leading the run, so I'll leave it to you guys from here.

Are you still planning on doing this trail tomorrow?

Hey Tahoe Cruiser! Yes ill be there and glad your coming. We are gonna have fun. Bring some lunch. We will stop at the cave and eat.

Glad you guys had a good day. I did as well. This trail has always been one of my favorites. Andrew-funny on resting on the rock. Kuddos to both of you on getting through the rock garden. It wasn't easy and took some stones on your part to even attempt it. We found out that YES sliders are needed.:steer:o_O. The more you do stuff like that, you get more experienced and it can become addicting.:worms: Next thing you know you'll be adding a lift, lockers, 35s etc etc etc. Hope you can make it to some meetings and more runs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom