October 2013 Wheeling Trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GLTHFJ60

Rum Runnin'
SILVER Star
Threads
Gents, it's time to start thinking about our October Wheeling trip. Dates on the schedule are October 17th through October 20th.

First thing first. Who is in?

Second thing. Where should we go? Harlan? Windrock?

For those of you that may not know what Windrock or Harlan is here are links to them.

http://windrockpark.com/
is in TN

and
http://www.harlancountytrails.com/
is in KY

Both are a good haul and offer a wide variety of different trails.

We've been to Harlan as a club 3 times before but never to Windrock.

I'll see how my move preparation is going by then. I'd love to go on another trip before I run away from the east coast. Logan's Run will be more of a social event for me as Burt isn't ready to thrash and I don't want to run Sandy on the trail while she's for sale. I was just reading in Toyota Trails about the last GSMTR at Windrock, looks fun, I say go there.

Harlan and windrock are both awesome. I've been to both, but each just once. I'd be down for either.

I'm leaning towards windrock since I remember more of it, but I haven't been back to KY in too long :D

Who else is in for this trip?

I think that is Fall Crawl weekend at Harlan. It's not a really organized event, but there are normally enough rigs there to jam the popular trails on Saturday and fill up a lot of the lodging. We usually stay until Monday, the park is empty on that Sunday. Harlan is always a good time though!

I'll have to check my calendar and see my availability. Supposed to be on my back in MUSC that weekend, but scheduling has gotten FUBARed there.

I know Windrock extremely well ... Started riding there in '94 before it was Windrock. Royal Blue WMA and Sundquist are open to riding as well. There is a really fun trail in RB that goes up to a mountaintop sand mine (but that trail is well beyond what I want to try in my 200).

In my days of running a heep, I was a trail guide for heep hamboree in the area. I've also put about 4,000 miles on ATV scouting rides up there ....

Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD

I'd love another trip this fall but will be in the DR for a friend's wedding oct 16-20. Probably need to survive this weekend first though...

1974 FJ40, 1997 FZJ80, 1986 FJ60

On the other hand, the following week is the bay to blue Ridge cruiser event. What would people think of making our October event the 25th at the bay to blue Ridge event?

I'd be in for either, maybe. Linky on the latter???

:beer:R

On the other hand, the following week is the bay to blue Ridge cruiser event. What would people think of making our October event the 25th at the bay to blue Ridge event?

I like this idea! Meat new people and see some old ones! I may be able to make this work.

I'd be out for the weekend of the 25th, but in for the weekend before. I'd be all for joing the BBRC for the event if I didn't have a scheduling conflict. However, in addition to the registration fee, note that there is a per day driver fee ($25) and a per day passenger fee ($15) and $15 a day per person to camp...

For the Keefer's that would be $325 for the weekend not including gas! :crybaby:

I'm out for both weekends ... MUSC got their act together, so I have to be in Charleston at 0 dark thirty on the 21st ... :crybaby:

While it would definitely be more expensive to go to BBRC Fall Crawl, I feel it is extremely important that we support our neighboring clubs. If we expect them to come to our event, we've got to go to theirs!!

I would love to go, but we are going on vacation right after that up to URE for a week.

And ? When you are looking for property up there no better time to look.

how are the trails at those locations? Can a lifted hundy on 33s make it through, or do you have to be a Dozer or Moonglow?

However, in addition to the registration fee, note that there is a per day driver fee ($25) and a per day passenger fee ($15) and $15 a day per person to camp...

For the Keefer's that would be $325 for the weekend not including gas! :crybaby:

That is one of the downfalls for having it at the place we do. We used to have the event at Rausch creek in Pa that is around 250 additional miles to get there and back. With high fuel costs a lot of our attendees will break even or spend a little more to support a local family owned park.

how are the trails at those locations? Can a lifted hundy on 33s make it through, or do you have to be a Dozer or Moonglow?

there will be a lot of trucks there with 33s and the trails range from mild to buggy only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom