Oct. HDC Moab run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Interesting. Heraclitus was a BC philosopher from what is now present day Turkey. Coincidence, Onur?

I've spent way too much time reading about old Greek philosophers whom once lived in what is modern day Turkey.

Another reason I go to Turkey every year--when you can sit on the same stones that these dudes did when they were teaching their minion is pretty cool in a certain sort of way. It's a visceral connection.

Regardless, you can see what my two degrees in philosophy got me--a job in a parts department!! (not that I'm complaining--I quite like it very much)

In contra-distinction, you can see what Jon got for his training--a job in his field of expertise.

It is what it is.....

:hillbilly:

Have a safe trip folks. I'm moving this week and my life is a mess. That said, Surf and Turf is only a few weeks away combined with a Death Valley trip with the NorCal guys. Should be epic!

Have a safe trip folks. I'm moving this week and my life is a mess. That said, Surf and Turf is only a few weeks away combined with a Death Valley trip with the NorCal guys. Should be epic!

Hey Onur - If I wasn't going to Moab, I would offer to help you move. I hope that goes well for you.

Have a great time at S&T and Death Valley. Don't forget the pictures!

Hey Onur - If I wasn't going to Moab, I would offer to help you move. I hope that goes well for you.

Have a great time at S&T and Death Valley. Don't forget the pictures!

Thanks Evan for the offer but I am literally moving 1500 ft down the current road I live on in Corrales. :) I gave away all my furniture to UNM students this morning and basically moving 1FZFE engines on Friday.

:grinpimp:

... basically moving 1FZFE engines on Friday.

:grinpimp:

"Engines?" Plural? How many of those boat anchors do you own?

You guys in your off topic conversations! What does philosophical talk about Turkey have to do with Moab. I thought it was already established Moab...it its what it is.... Where is the adult supervision when you need it? Ham is on board, decide to tackle the mirror, happy cuz I finally figured out where i f'd up putting it back together, but now I can't find the mirror. Ahh, cleaning out the house sucks. Obviously, there is no way I will volunteer for leading a trail anywhere. Don't worry Jon, i can drive to Durango blind folded. Haven't tried it yet, but we can check to see if my radio works on the way up and drive only by sound???? Less than 18 hours to lift off, yeah I'm getting ancy.

You guys in your off topic conversations!

Gotta love those old classic steam engines. Wonder how they righted those monsters back in the day.

train_derail.jpg

Gotta love those old classic steam engines. Wonder how they righted those monsters back in the day.

train_derail.jpg

Have you been saving this train reck pic?

One day Rudy you will realize that Moab is philosophical....

Ahhh yes. Man over machine, man and machine over nature... It is what it is.

One day Rudy you will realize that Moab is philosophical....

Speaking that Moab is philosophical...I wonder if the original HAM operators were at Moab when they came up with "break break break" to cut into a conversation during an emergency. As "break" is what commonly happens out there.

Last edited:
Have you been saving this train reck pic?

I think it's more of a derailment than a wreck. Better describes what has happened to this thread.

Ahhh yes. Man over machine, man and machine over nature... It is what it is.

Thbbbt! <----- this is a "raspberry."

[sigh]

Okay, it's now time for everybody who thought they probably couldn't go to MOAB to reassess their situation and see if, *really* they can't make it. I'll bet a lot of you can... After all, it's MOAB!

Edit: P.S. You don't want to miss the meeting do you???

Ok, just finished mounting the radio to the the center counsel. Is anyone within a resonable ( I live near Winrock Mall) distance that can give me a final radio check. No I have read the manual, so I can't change frequences that easy, just tell me where to be. I heard Ali when I installed it, did not mount it to counsel. Now i am happy with it for Moab. If you can call me first (259-3169) i can run out to see if i hear it. Then i can finish packing up. Thanks,

Rudy

Radio sounds good all the way out to Rio Rancho, So, good there, just need to throw some crap in a bag and I'm good to go. I pack lightly, so anyone need me to haul anything up for them? Jon, North portal at 8 AM? Jarred there was no message in you PM. My computer is slow right now, feel free to call me.

BTW Lovey -

Swing by if you get a chance - Onur says you have a nice FJC - feel free to run with us over the weekend if you want!

Looks like I'm gonna miss you guys by a few hours or so. Leaving Thursday for White Rim til Saturday. Will be heading back thru town on way to Monument Valley, then onto Corrales.

Will be in Corrales til Wed. Not sure what Onur has planned but I'm hoping for some local wheeling.

You guys have a safe and awesome trip. I can't wait to see the pictures. Have a blast!

Okay, it's now time for everybody who thought they probably couldn't go to MOAB to reassess their situation and see if, *really* they can't make it. I'll bet a lot of you can... After all, it's MOAB!

Edit: P.S. You don't want to miss the meeting do you???

Don't make it worse that it already is. House guest through the weekend, Fiesta visit, school project I've been neglecting for too long, fear of taking my mall cruiser on any trails you guys will probably run..... These all go against a last minute cruise to Moab.

I don't know who you guys are joking, but I seriously don't see that truck on a trail--ever.

• Elephant Hill -- check
  • Fins n' Things -- check
  • Kane Creek -- check
  • Hell's Revenge -- check
  • Metal Masher -- check

Thbbbt! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom