Oct. HDC Moab run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know it is about 3 months away, but some us may have to start planning to take the time off and thinking of the days we need. I had a blast last year and plan to go again, but planing for more time off this year. Just need to set a time, so I don't lose it. Any ideas?

Columbus day weekend, Oct 9-12 minimum. maybe a day or so earlier depending on when people can shake loose from work.

I will be heading up on Thursday, Oct 8th and will come home Friday, October 16th.

8th is good for me. i can even leave as early as late morning on the 7th(get off work at 9am).

These are expamles of the info I'm looking for. What you guys are planning. Should I take the first or second week off. I would like to travel around a bit and visit Durango or somewhere else. Maybe I will get a wild hair and take both weeks off (if not taken by someone else by then).

Rudy,
October is a great time to visit Ouray after the club Moab trip. There are dozens of trails in the area and most are easy enough that you wouldn't be worried about doing them solo. The scenery is outstanding and you can either camp on the trail or camp in Ouray or grab a motel and hit the hot springs.
-Mike-

Rudy,
October is a great time to visit Ouray after the club Moab trip. There are dozens of trails in the area and most are easy enough that you wouldn't be worried about doing them solo.
-Mike-

Geez Mike, you could have just said that my off road driving sucks :rolleyes: ;) Haven't gone there yet, should interesting to visit.

We're planning on driving up the 8th and back the 12th.

ok, time to start planning some details! looks like Williams', Pappy, Steve H. are planning to attend. who else?

what trails to you guys want to run?

let's discuss...

Also, looks like my brother in his 4" lifted YJ with 33" MT/R's and a rear locker, his brother in law with a "slightly" (?) tricked up Rubicon, and maybe Keun in his Rubicon with I think 32's and a friend of his with a modded Liberty. I guess you two will be leading and running tail gunner... I'm thinking hopefully nothing more serious than Golden Spike - maybe Fins 'n Things, stuff like that. Did you discuss it at the meeting and had no more takers there? Wendy has some friends coming into town for a conference so she won't be going.

Evan mentioned coming. i forgot that. we can't let there be as many j**ps as Toyotas. :eek: come on guys, let's get some more people.

Slickrock CG has a "group" area that makes it much cheaper. instead of $28 for a tent site it's $8 per person(no charge for kids). we need 10 or more people to get that spot. I will call and see if they have hookups in that area.

i've never done Cliff Hanger. don't know how that one is anymore since they supposedly "paved" it. I do want to do something in the 4+ range, at least one(you know me:flipoff2:). I'd really like to get a couple rigs on Pritchett with me. I can lead it, I ran it with no straps or help besides a spotter. it's not really any worse than Behind the Rocks now that there's bypasses.

I am planning to go up on Thursday, 10/8, but I won't be able to leave until early afternoon, and I plan to head back on Monday, so that will give me three days of wheeling.

As far as trails go, Hell's Revenge is always fun. If we go on Golden Spike, can we get a bunch of J**ps through there without breaking?!? (I'm only half kidding.)

I might consider a run on Pritchett with Shawn. We had our group through Behind the Rocks the other year, and according to Shawn, the trails are comparable.

Mostly, I just want to get to Moab and wheel! It's all fun, so I'm not that worried about what trails we do.

i've never done Cliff Hanger. don't know how that one is anymore since they supposedly "paved" it.

Whoever paved it missed a few spots. :D

I don't remember any bypasses and none on the major obstacles.

-Mike-

I'm thinking hopefully nothing more serious than Golden Spike - maybe Fins 'n Things, stuff like that.

I would not put Fins and Spike in the same class. They are extreams.

Slickrock CG has a "group" area that makes it much cheaper. instead of $28 for a tent site it's $8 per person(no charge for kids). we need 10 or more people to get that spot. I will call and see if they have hookups in that area.

I've never done Cliff Hanger. don't know how that one is anymore since they supposedly "paved" it. I do want to do something in the 4+ range, at least one(you know me:flipoff2:). I'd really like to get a couple rigs on Pritchett with me. I can lead it, I ran it with no straps or help besides a spotter. it's not really any worse than Behind the Rocks now that there's bypasses.

I like the Slickrock Campground idea. I have no desire, at this time, to run Pritchett in Da'40. I would like to break the truck in before I break it. BTR would be fine. :D

Whoever paved it missed a few spots. :D I don't remember any bypasses and none on the major obstacles.

Cliffhanger is not paved. We all had trouble getting out this year, and the year before. There was one section that did seem easier this year, but that was it.

My fingers are crossed for my bidding.....

If I can do it, I'm trying to get 8-13th off.

Dan

We hope you can make it - Moab is a blast! :steer:

hope you can make it Dan!

glad to hear CH isn't ruined. I had heard that a few years ago, they put some cement in the hardest spot and maybe one other. I'm in for this one then for sure.

yea Evan! (I was talking to Evan about Pritchett at the meeting) What made Pritchett a 5 trail in the past was that there were no bypasses. now there are several. the good thing is that the hardest obstacles are made for long wheel bases. my 40 is a hair to short for rocker knocker(but i know how to do it now in a short wb), and rock pile (which has no rocks in it anymore). rock pile has a bypass now. the only ones that i recall being harder for a long wheel base is the opening ledge drops(tail dragging), and maybe "can opener"(rockers). we can look at my videos to see what they look like ahead of time. we had a SOA FJ60 on my run that did well and the trail leader was in a SAS taco.

Anyone else up for Pritchett?

Maybe. Can't let you 80 boys do it without me.

:bounce2:

Maybe...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom