Builds Ochenta sin Nombre Moves to San Diego (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What is the hose number that does the loop? I circled it in the picture.

View attachment 2742687
The Gates part number is apparently super-unicorn secret, but you can get one from @LandCruiserPhil here which is what I did. Alternatively if you want the whole kit, and can wait a few days, Joey from Wit's End aka, @NLXTACY can hook you up with this kit. Be warned. In either case, you're going to be tempted to buy a bunch of other stuff you didn't know you needed, but now you're adding to your cart then obsessively clicking refresh on the order tracking information.

The Gates part number is apparently super-unicorn secret, but you can get one from @LandCruiserPhil here which is what I did. Alternatively if you want the whole kit, and can wait a few days, Joey from Wit's End aka, @NLXTACY can hook you up with this kit. Be warned. In either case, you're going to be tempted to buy a bunch of other stuff you didn't know you needed, but now you're adding to your cart then obsessively clicking refresh on the order tracking information.
It’s completely idiotic to think the gates part number is something special. The OEM hose part no: 87245-60420. Order it all day folks.

Want the “super secret” gates part number? Just use the OEM number and find the gates or dayco equivalent. Both make one. Or just stay OEM.

Thanks. I purchased a whole kit from terrain tamer just for that hose. It was not even remotely close.
You should see the amount of boxes I have. Between the 80 and 60, it's getting out of hand. For the 60 I think have many more duplicate parts.

Finally finished installing a Long Range Automotive 24 gallon auxiliary tank. Thanks to @wardharris and team for your help along the way and @ewillis for the pics and tips shown in your thread here!

Installation went pretty well following the very clear and complete instructions from LRA as well as @ewillis 's thread above. I only stumbled across a couple small challenges. First was the need to drill and add rivnuts to install the forward mounting bracket. Apparently, some 80s have captive nuts in the right spots...mine didn't.

Then, as seen to the right side of this picture, my exhaust needed to be reworked after passing the rear axle. Out came the reciprocating saw...and my phone to make an appointment at the local exhaust shop to reroute the tailpipe after installing the tank.
auxtank6.jpeg

Dual filler neck going in...removed the little baffle/gasoline insert to accommodate Diesel pumps
auxtank1.jpeg

Used an old gas cap from my 100 series since the original Diesel cap doesn't work with the new filler. Got fancy and drilled a small hole for the ring/dongle that holds the cap since it doesn't fit in the holder on the fuel door.
auxtank2.jpeg

Pretty well tucked up, hopefully safe from rocks, ledges, etc. Realizing now, I need to reinstall my left mudflap.
auxtank3.jpeg

A little LRA bling
auxtank4.jpeg

Gauge/pump switch installed out of the way below the steering wheel
auxtank5.jpeg

I'm yet to fill the tank, but will have to find some reasonably priced Diesel which is a bit hard to come by here in San Diego at the moment.

With 40+ gallons total fuel capacity and ~20 mpg this should get me close to 800 miles between fill ups!

Big difference not being hampered by range constraints...enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom