Occupational Therapy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I find it kind of interesting what walks of life we all come from and what we do on those walks. I know what a bunch of us CC guys do for jobs and was wondering if any of you would like to share. I'll start of course.

I'm a mechanical draftsman/designer for an Engineering firm here in Vancouver (SKS Engineering). Primarily we do work in the sawmill industry /material handling and retrofitting mills but we also do work for BC Ferries and other things. Been at it for 11 years now and like my job, I get to travel a little bit, dress real casual in the office and overall its a great business to be in.

So..who's next?

I'll step up.
I am almost finished my BS degree at SFU with a Major in Physical Geography and a Minor in Earth Sciences. I am currently working as a Co-op Student up here in the John. That is all I will say, since I seem to be getting a lot of slack for having a bit of a slack job, especially from a slack ass greasy hair dude, that also happens to be somewhat related! :flipoff2:

MSc. Forensic Archaeology, working as a Project Manager for a Cultural Resource Management Company. Lots of field work - quads, choppers, skidoos - get to carry shotgun for the bears. Work as liason (sorta) between oil and gas companies and First Nations. We conduct landscape surveys for wellsites, pipelines, roads, etc. before they're constructed (usually). We test for cultural materials which involves digging a lot of holes and sifting through the dirt. We put on thousands and thousands of kms every month and work south of Tumbler Ridge, west to the Coast, East into Alberta, and North into the Yukon.

Put the wet stuff on the red stuff kinda guy for the last 20 years...

All of it in Abbotsford.

gb

I am a Professional Land Surveyor with a degree in Geomatics Engineering. My job is to survey for the Oil and Gas Industry, doing pipelines, wellsites etc. I get to also ride quads, fly in helicopters, drive 4x4's, but unfortuently I am living out of a hotel up in Grand Prairie right now.

Ryan Barnes

P.S. Charla I have found a few native teepee sites since being in Alberta, I don't know if that is the sort of Archaeology you are into, but for me I find it pretty exciting finding that type of history, and looking around and imagining what it looked like back then.

Self employed. Company name: AV Projects Inc.
What I do: supply and operate projectors, sound systems, lighting rigs and what have you for conferences, conventions and meetings. Been doing this since 1982. I have an office/warehouse in Vancouver (4th & Ontario) and work out of my house as well.

Phil Senger

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom